Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_barry

WANTED: Greenhouse

organic_barry
16 years ago

Do I need a greenhouse to start plants for later planting outside? In particular; I cannot get the varieties I like and would like to grow them myself from seeds. I'm growing leeks, heirloom tomatoes, Italian varieties of egg plants, various peppers, spices,and certain pepper varieties which are not teribbly common. I want to have good strong healthy plants to set out. Will a greenhouse help me do this? How should I design it? Should it be heated? I'd appreciate some insight here. My volume is not great: maybe 24 tomatoe plants, 24 pepper plants, 48 leeks, 8 basil plants, 48 carrots, 12 egg plantgs, 8' row of cilantro, 36 beets, 48 onions; and areas seeded later for corn, beans,potatoes, and peas. It is the tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, leeks, basil, and other spices (sage, catnip, spearmint,rue) I'm concerned about starting inside. What do you think? How big a greenhouse? Should it be heated? Should the seeds be started in containers on tables? Got any ideas? I'd like to hear them. Thanks

Comment (1)

Sponsored