Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flower_nut

E Ohio Plant Swap, new this year

flower_nut
19 years ago

We just had our first plant swap. I am interested in any information from other plant swaps of new things to try next year. We would like to improve on the success we had this year. Any information is greatly appreciated!

People are still calling me to have their names added to the mailing list for next year. Word of mouth has been amazing! We had sooo much fun and I even found a few plants that I didn't have yet.

Comments (10)

• onesherri
    19 years ago

Where did you have the swap at? Sherri

• stardust
    19 years ago

Me too ... where are you located and where was yours held? I hosted one in Deerfield, Portage County, back in early June. It was well received as well and a blast!

The plan is a repeat performance for next year. Perhaps we should combine the effort if we are close. Deerfield is between Youngstown and Akron. About an hour from the Cleveland area.

The more the merrier I say. If combining isn't good, I'd still be interested in knowing more about yours. Can't have too many plant swaps to attend. They are such fun. I coordinated mine because I couldn't find one closer than the west side of Columbus and that one I have had conflicting schedules with for about 3 years. It's tough trying to be in 2 places at once. Especially clear across the state.

Stardust

• tameron
    18 years ago

I live in Northeast Ohio also. How can I get notified of swaps? Are they published in the newspapers or do I have to be put on a list?

Thanks for any info...
    Tameron

• JessiP
    18 years ago

I am just south of East Liverpool Ohio (other side of river) and would love to be notified of the next swap! Thanks, Jessi

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

me too.. erica

i live in mt. vernon, knox county

• lhollo
    18 years ago

Sign me up for the swap too! i am in Lorain county (sw of cleveland)

• lori79
    17 years ago

Put me on your lists also. I am in New Philadelphia.
    Thanks,
    Lori

• polive
    17 years ago

Here is Info on the swap in Canton ,Ohio
    Hope to see you There Pam

Hope we have good weather, Hope we have fun, Hope we have a big turn out,

Hopewe Plant Swap
    Date May 26

Simpson United Methodist Church
    4900 Middle branch, Ave NE,
    Canton, Ohio 44705

Time 11:00 set - up
    1:00 Round Robin Swap to begin

What to do? Please label your plants with name and growing instructions. Place plants in shade out side of the shelter

Who to bring? Friends, children, and spouses
    Hot Sandwiches and canned soda will be sold as a Church fundraiser for the use of the facility. Donations can be made if you desire.

Feel free to bring your own coolers and snacks lawn chairs small tables, blankets, Shade tents for your comfort. Pen and paper, markers and tape, bags, boxes to carry your swaps in.
    What to bring? Anything garden related you want to swap:
    House plants, Garden plants, Bulbs, Sun hats, Gloves, Seeds, Seedling, Flower pots, starting supplies,
    Pond supplies and plants
    Tools, snippers, clippers, gardening books or magazines
    Signs and markers, Bird feeder, Birdbath
    potting soil, Steppingstones

This is a free event We have 2 Ball field, play area for children
    Six Semi shaded acres for you to enjoy.
    NO Sales please. NO Alcohol

We would like general idea how many people to plan for. Please feel free to include what you have to swap and what you are looking for. Pre arranged swaps are welcome.

• dianemgarrett
    17 years ago

columbus plant swap and potluck May 19 2007 in Hilliard, Ohio. 10-2. We are on garden web get together May 2007. We have had for about 5-6 years. Anyone is welcome. Round robin check out on-line diane garrett

• susieque087
    14 years ago

The cuyahoga county public library system host several plant swaps in the spring and fall. Most of the spring ones are over, but there is one left at the Berea branch of the public library on June 20, 2009 at 2:00. I have been to this one for about 3 years now. It is well organized and alot of fun.

Here is a link that might be useful: Berea Plant Swap