Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Berea Plant Swap -- June 11, 2011 (Berea, Kentucky)

Posted by kilngod z6 KY (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 11 at 8:54

Hello All!

The Berea Plant Swap (2nd Annual) will take place on June 11, 2011, at my house. Event will start at 10am and a putluck lunch will commence at noon. Veteran and newbie traders welcome; if you do not have plants or other garden things to swap, bring food and take some plants. There is always enough to go around.

Post here that you are attending and I will send you directions to the swap.

Follow the link below to another thread where you can pre-arrange special trades.

Here is a link that might be useful: Berea Swap: pre-arranged trades

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Set-up assistance: Newbie member page

If you will be attending, make sure that you set up your member pages and fill in your Have and Want lists. Use the link below for help with that.

This helps folks to know what to bring. (When faced with needing to choose which things to dig up, a veteran will cruise the newbies' lists and notice what things seem to be more popular on the wants lists and will prioritize digging those that are wanted instead of those most folks already have.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Set-up assistance: Newbie member pages, Have & Want Lists

o
RE: HAVE: Berea Plant Swap -- June 11, 2011 (Berea, Kentucky)

Generally, we just bring plants and swap away! No need to pre-arrange -- you can just show up with plants. (The link above is just in case folks want to do specific trading for certain extra special plants.)

Generally, just come and have fun!

Photobucket

o

Note -- this swap was run as a "local" swap (no listing online here) last year. Coworkers, neighbors, and local Berea people came. This year I decided to list here, so no worries if there aren't many posts here --- there will still be swapping going on with a bunch on non-Gardenweb people.

Don't be shy or hesitant about posting :)

o

Will the swapping start at 10?

o

You betcha! Folks just set plants out as they arrive and mull around til the plants are gone. Then we eat.

o

hi! me and my sister willl be attending with a truck full of plants...

o

Hi christine00,

I sent you the address just now -- see you at 10am tomorrow!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here