Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stardust_gw

HAVE: Plant Swap held in Eastern Ohio ...

stardust
19 years ago

Those looking for a local 'Plant Swap' in the eastern Ohio area please check out the 'Get Togethers' forum

RE: 1st Eastern Ohio and 'neighbors' Plant Swap'

There is a new reply on there from me. If you e-mail through that post you will get all the info you need. It will be a great time.

Stardust

Comments (2)

• stardust
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Up-date. It's almost here. This swap is going to be June 12th at the Deerfield Town Hall (just north of the Deerfield cirlce on S.R. 14). Arrival time is 10:00 a.m. You only need yourself, a friend or two for company while you drive (hopefully as interested in the swap as you), a covered dish to share, your plant/plants and your favorite beverage if you have a stead fast preference.

Driving time is about an hour from Cleveland, 1/2 hour from Akron and Youngstown and about 45 minutes from Canton or the PA/OH border (give or take a few minutes).

Besides the swap and luncheon there will be door prizes, a Silent Auction, a craft project (if you care to partake) and 'extra' plants for the New to Gardening group that don't, as of yet, have a plant to share.

Any kind of plant is acceptable. No restrictions on what size either. Just please make it something you would enjoy if you were to receive it at the swap.

Any questions? E-mail me for more info.

Stardust

PS -- RSVP is welcome but not neccessary but would help a lot in planning for supplies and table set up.

• stardust
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Having trouble posting a new post for 2005 at the Get Togethers forum. Here is the info if anyone is interested. Do not post here. Please e-mail me directly.

2nd Annual Deerfield Plant Swap

Annuals! Perennials! Ground Cover! Veggies! Herbs! Trees! Bulbs! Shrubs! Books! New Friends! Garden Décor! Misc Garden Items! Houseplants! Food! Fun! Ideas! Information!

May 21st@ the Deerfield Town Hall. Located at 1450 SR 14 just North of the SR 225 intersection and the Deerfield Circle (next to the Deerfield Methodist Church)

Arrival time is 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. with lunch at noon and the plant swap starting at 1:00. The swap is held last in the event a guest should get a little behind schedule they will still be able to participate in the most important part of our day.

Bring one plant or ÂseveralÂ. You will be able to choose a plant in exchange for each one you bring. Please be sure your trades are potted (well in advance for their health) and of the size and quality you would like to receive yourself.

Other garden related items are acceptable for trade offerings (i.e. gardening books, garden decorations, etc). But remember, they need to be a worthy exchange for a plant: (clean, in good repair and desirable items).

Bring a covered dish to share (with a serving utensil); and for yourself, your favorite beverage. There will be tableware provided for you.

There will be fun and surprises. One never knows what I will Âdig up.

Bring a friend! The more the merrier! Just fill them in on the above info and RSVP with either your attendance or a group number if you have several. I need the number for planning set up, etc. Last minute guests are welcome and I will plan for extras.

For more info and RVSPÂs:
    Denice
    STARDUST44411@msn.com
    (330) 654-2548

See you there!

Sponsored