Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: ... er, had; 'but it was great!'

Posted by Stardust 5b NE Ohio (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 22, 04 at 19:18

We had the first (to my knowlege) local plant swap of GW traders in the NE Ohio area in early June. It was a great success. There were over a dozen in attendance and several more that wanted to come but had other commitments.

The purpose of this post is to gather contact information on anyone interested in attending next year; or even in the late summer. This would be in the Portage County area but ANYONE is welcome. We had GW traders, local residents & local garden club members. I'm thinking just from the feed back of those in attendance that this was well received and that there will be more next time just from word of mouth.

Anyone interested, please contact me through this thread with name and e-mail or address to be compiled for the next one. Also if we have enough interest I will be glad to organize one for late summer (possibly in August). Even if you were at the last swap please e-mail your contact info again so as to be sure it is included in this composite.

To all that attended, thank you for your support. You were a great bunch. We all had a lot of fun. To anyone wishing to come the the next one, you won't be sorry.

Stardust

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: ... er, had; 'but it was great!'

I'm not sure where Portage County is, but I would definitely be interested in coming. I would love to find people local to trade with. If you have any information, please let me know. Thanks so much. Teresa

o

Stardust, I am at the southern tip of Cuyahoga County. I am interested and would like to participate next spring.
Please email me.
Manfred

o

OK, I've been trying to post the information on our 2nd Annual Plant Swap at the "get-togethers forum" BUT I cannot get it to post. So I guess I have to do this the hard way and hope for the best.

The date is May 21st and it will be held at the Deerfield Town Hall again at 1450 S.R. 14 near the intersection of S.R. 225. Arrival time to begin at 10:30 a.m.

If you have any contact with bodies interested in coming I would love to hear from you and them! E-mail me and I will forward the 'particulars' to you directly. "Drop in's" are welcome but I really need RSVP's to plan for the basic numbers.

There is a covered dish luncheon, a plant swap (of course), door prizes, and I will provide the table service (plates, cups, napkins, etc).

You need to bring your plants (you'll be able to pick one for each one you bring), a covered dish to share with a serving utensil, your own beverage (there's no way I could pick what everyone will like) and a friend!

PLEASE be sure to pot your plants up right away if they aren't in pots already. Fresh dug the day before will never servive the transplant. We all want our new additioins to thrive in our gardens. Any type of plant is welcome (veggies, annuals, perennials, herbs, houseplants, etc.) as well as gardening books, garden decore, and other related items.

Please e-mail with RSVP and questions.

Stardust

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here