New pics from Sept/Oct and more recent

Posted by ohio_palm_nut Waverly OH Z6 (kenwood75@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Jan 3, 08 at 5:04

Hope you like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dion's Pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New pics from Sept/Oct and more recent

Love your snow pictures, particularly the one with the stream!

o

Nice pics! I'm envious of the palms.... I got my first windmill last spring - Haynes Stiffie from Brians Botanicals. Its gotta ways to go... What variety is the trunked yucca? I plan on ordering one from Plant Delights. Where did you get your palms & yuccas? I would like to know more about your overwinter techniques...I saw the xmas lights. What else??? Nice!

o

Wonderful pictures -- you have some really spectacular plants. Seeing those kinds of palms in our region just blows my mind.

Is the Little Gem a dwarf magnolia?

(I also like your snow pictures -- and Cappy seems like he's full of personality!)

o

Alison,

Thanks. Yes the magnolia is a dwarf type mag(little gem)
It is not as hardy as some other varieties like Edith Bogue or Brackens Brown Beauty(these get large) or even the standard southern magnolia in my opinion. But it has only been badly damaged 1 time in the 6 yrs I have had it and by mid summer you couldn't tell. It also blooms heavy in spring and early summer with sporadic blooms mid summer, then heavy again in the fall.

And thanks for noticing my chihuahua. He was definately full of personality, alot of joy and very, very missed.

Dion

o

Great shots! Thanks for posting. I didnt realize we could grow palms like yours in Ohio! Iam already addicted to BANANAS! Guess palms are next! LOL
Have a great year! Ohgirl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here