Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using my small portable greenhouse

Posted by gypsy_love 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 24, 13 at 16:17

I just recieved a small 4 tier greenhouse & am anxious to put it to use! While I have quite a bit of experience with container gardening I am unsure if the weather is too cold to start using it outdoors?
I am in western Cincinnati.
Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using my small portable greenhouse

I would wait 2 maybe 3 more weeks. I live in NKY and it's just a bit too cold right now. What I would do is if you have room to set it up indoors to get it started and after you're sure it's gonna stay fairly warm then set it up out side. This will get your plants off to a great early start. Welcome to the world of greenhouse gardening. You can actually get a month ahead of anything grown outdoors. And you can also extend your gardening season by months. Believe it or not I just picked my last ripe tomato just the other day. It's nice having homegrown tomatoes on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Good Luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Bamboo Grove

o
RE: Using my small portable greenhouse

You can start seeds in a unheated cold green house. as long as they are Hardy. :) check out the wintersowing forum
. for those who dont have greenhouse we used milk jugs, pop bottles, n other stuff to make mini green houses to start seeds out doors in the winter :)

Here is a link that might be useful: wintersowing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here