Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chateauclubcrest

Boy, do I feel silly!

chateauclubcrest
17 years ago

I took a walk through my yard today as I have been monitoring the *much* sooner than expected arrival of my 'Rinjvelds's Early Sensation'. One of them will open tomorrow. Oh my! The scary thing is that I planted a large number of them around a tree last year but ran out. So I planted some more this year. The ones that have already spent a year in the ground are all coming through, but there's no sign of the ones I recently planted , so I guess they won't all be blooming at once this year.

But what has me feeling silly is that after a decade of mostly small yard gardening, I just assumed that "Sweet potato vine" was just another cute name. Oddly enough, I had a hard time finding the bright chartreuse ones this year, so I took a few cuttings to overwinter.

Then I read the entire thread "Sweet Potato Vine." http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/ohioval/msg1012444526093.html?15

Now, it had never occured to me that this pretty foilage in my large containers might actually be a real sweet potato. After reading the "Sweet Potato Vine" thread, I decided to get out my trowel, and low and behold, where there had once been lovely trailing foilage was a tater! A big one, too!

Comments (5)

Sponsored