Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heatherda

columbus nursery?

HeatherDA
19 years ago

Last spring I had a heck of a time finding someplace in town to buy fruit trees. I want a couple of dwarf apple trees and some berry bushes, too. Anyone know where I could find some? (Last year was my first year gardening at all, so I'm not real familiar with anything besides Oakland Nursery and Frank's. I even bought a raspberry from Home Depot - I wasn't amazed when it died.)

Thanks

Heather

Comments (7)

• bakemom_gw
    19 years ago

I bought my dwarf Granny Smith and McKintosh from Oakland. They installed them and are great about their warranty - if you lose something they replace it in a matter of days.

I'm not that wild about Strader's anymore. It's too bad because they are close to my house.

For plants, we pilgrimage to Baker's Acres in Alexandria. I'm there for the perennials and coleus, but I imagine the same fine quality extends to everything they sell. It's well worth the trip.

Consider Lynd's Fruit Farm. It's out on Morse between Columbus and Newark. I know they sell daylilies. Perhaps they sell fruit trees.

My raspberries came from Oakland and they are wonderful. I have quarts and quarts every year. You are welcome to some babies from me. Does this help?

• sunburygirl
    19 years ago

It seems to me that Anderson's (one off Sawmill and one off Brice) have fruit trees.

• tecumseh
    19 years ago

Darby Creek Nursery just west of Hilliard

• sunshade
    19 years ago

I think Oakland Park Nursery has just about everything for everyone, and their staff is really professional. It helps to talk to someone that knows what they're talking about when you are investing in something as expensive as a tree. Although it's a little bit of a trek from the northwest side, if I'm looking for something specific or have a problem area, I'll go there. For bushes and perennials, as well as annuals, the Strader's that was mentioned on Riverside Drive is also good. Good luck!!

• storygardener
    19 years ago

I would try Seeleys Nursery on Walcutt Road in Hilliard. They have a good selection of trees and such.

If you are into hostas...they have one of the biggest selections in the Columbus area. Also, a nice selection of daylilies, rock garden plants, shrubs, and perennials.

...Beverly

• mrgpag SW OH Z5/6
    19 years ago

If you don't mind shopping the big box, Lowe's always has a lot of apple trees in the spring. They're basically recently planted bareroot stock and usually look pretty good if you get them soon after arrival. But I would second the recommendation about Seeley's - a real quality place.

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals