Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fourpaws2002

Need to know-Am I crazy !!??

fourpaws2002
19 years ago

or just stupid.

a couple days ago we had a beautiful day(for mid winter)

sun shinning, temps upper 30's low 40's and I decided it was a good day to put some plants in the greenhouse-filled it full with tropicals that wouldn't stay dormat, seedlings that needed more light-I filled it full. The day time temp was running 74-76 with a little venting, BUT, I waited too long to turn the heat back on and by the time I got to it, it had fallen to 52f, I turned the heater on high checked it an hour later only 54f, check it again at 8:00 pm no change-outside temps dropping, wind blowing wind chill below zero-I"M Freaking-heater on full blast & not gaining any ground, so with flashlight in hand,Tarps and blankets, I go out and cover my babies up, as if tucking them in for the night so that they'll be warm-I'm sure my neighbor thinks I'm the crazy flower lady(who cares).

well 11:00 bedtime check-60f-I can live with that even if it drops a few degress in the wee hours of the morning.

8:30 a.m., I un tuck them-temp 56f-Whew!! we're ok- didn't turn that heater down for 36 hours

So, what's the verdict??? seriously crazy(stupid) gardener or would you have done the same to makes sure none were lost- I gotta know-have I taken this too far???

Comments (4)