Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bricore

Trading

bricore
18 years ago

Hello!

I have horses and a lot of compost from them. I turn it and am adding a pipe in it so it gets more air.

I garden some (this will be my second year trying that is..lol) I was wondering if there are people out there that might be willing to trade for compost (like seeds or plants.)

I am just wondering because if so I might start setting back an extra pile or two so I could do something like that.

Thanks,

Renee'

Comments (15)

• skyblue52
    18 years ago

Hello How far is that from Dayton?

• alison
    18 years ago

Marion?

• Kymie17
    18 years ago

Cleveland (where I live) or Akron (near where I work)?

By the way, Renee, I believe that all of us are asking because the answer is yes, we'd want to trade if you're close enough. :)

• gdionelli
    18 years ago

Southern Ohio? (WV border?)

• storygardener
    18 years ago

I think, yes! My friend, Mimi, and I were talking about it. If you are close enough, we'd surely trade extra plants for composted horse manure. Where do you live?

We are in NW Columbus, Hilliard, Oh.

• highlandsgardener
    18 years ago

The zip code 43302 is for Marion, Ohio. Does Alison live there or just know the zip? I'd be interested if it was close to Cincinnati.
    Carol

• alison
    18 years ago

I just know the zip code. I'm in Columbus, near Mimi and Bev.

Where are you, Renee? Did we scare you away? We're very enthusiastic!

• michigoose
    18 years ago

Marion is north of Dublin so Alison, Bev and Mimi might be able to take a little trip. I just wish I had a truck! I've hauled horsemanure in my van before, but I'd really rather get a real load I didn't have to load into bags/buckets/garbage cans first! LOVE manure. :)

• bricore
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello!
    Sorry it has taken me so long to post. We are in the Middle of Ohio near Delaware. We are about 1 hr. North of Columbus and two hours South of Toledo. I believe Dublin is about 45 minutes or so from Marion.
    I just talked with a friend of mine and she has even more horses then me (more manure too..lol.) She uses straw as bedding and doesn't flip the stuff but if anyone would be intersted she has LOTS and LOTS of it. She is in LaRue, Ohio (which is about 20 minutes from Marion.)
    I use saw dust and the pile does get flipped so it'll be ready to spread this Spring. Just thought I'd say that so I don't scare anyone away with the word straw.
    Thanks.

Renee'

• roadtrip
    18 years ago

Renee,

I'll pass this along to my mom. She lives in Marion. I grew up in Marion and when I flew the coup, I migrated south, to Cincinnati.

Seeing I make that drive at least a few times a year, I know for a fact that it's right at 3 hours from Cincinnati to Marion.

Good luck and a great idea. Hope you find some traders.

Shannon

• gimpytwice
    18 years ago

Hi Renee,my daughter sent me this e-mail,I live on the west side of Marion and would love some Manure,e-mail me your phone # and we can see about trading..Sharyl

• klcarv
    18 years ago

hi,
    i also have horse manure which has been composting about 6 months...I am located in broadview hts, oh a suburb of cleveland...if anyone is interested please email me
    slvrdrango@aol.com
    thank you
    Kim

• klcarv
    18 years ago

I reposted this under another heading...sorry for the inconvience
    thank you
    Kim

• chadnliz
    18 years ago

my friend here near Salem Ohio has horses, I didn't know you could use that also..we have cows next door. how do you use cow manure? Liz

• diggerb2
    18 years ago

liz cow doo is better than horse doo, since they double digest what they eat. Just let it age and break down, then spread or to paraphrase from Hello Dolly:

"manure's like money,. you got to spread it around for it to do any good."

diggerb

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor