Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gerbera Daisy Care

Posted by ohio_homegrown z5 OH (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 17, 06 at 13:18

Any suggestion for gerbera daisy care. I received 3 for valentine's day. I am wondering if they are like raising violets indoors? Indirect sun? small pot? violet fertilizer? I would at least like to keep them going until i can plant them outside.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gerbera Daisy Care

I have two that i kept in pots from last year, they sit in a southern facing window. All have to do is water them like twice a week and they bloom for me!

o

We've had a little pot of gerberas in a south facing window at work since last spring and they've been doing great. I think I've given them general plant food in the water 2-3 times since then, and they often go 10 days-2 weeks between watering, but they've bloomed several times. They seem very hardy!

o

Gerbera Daisies are so hardy. They come from South Africa and areas from Australia. So forgetful gardners are welcome to keep them, they'll do just fine.

Three gerbera keeper notes:
1. Keep an eye on them, remove dead blooms, a leaf etc.
2. Don't overwater... they retain water for about 7 days
3. Sunny spots are the best place to keep them

Here is a link that might be useful: JustGerbera

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here