Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spring fever

Posted by drtluvr_in_z6 IN Z6 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 08 at 14:04

I'm new to the forum but have been gardening 30 years. I live in Boonville, IN; 90 miles west of L'ville.
It's 50 degrees outside. I can't control myself . I'm going to plant spinach, and no one can stop me. I have the seeds and I have the dirt. And we all hate Tom Brady. Good Bye.
Wait, the seeds are sprouting already:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spring fever

I have the seeds and I have the mud....Guess I'll have to wait. I am thinking about planting a few flats of cabbage and broccoli though. I could do that easily enough....

I got my grasses cut down on Sunday and a little dead nettle sprayed. It'll soon be time to start some major weed control in the daylilies and get some garden going.

Janet

o

well i'm not planting yet, but here in NE ohio around akron, i've got snow drops in bloom!!!. what about you?

diggerb

o

Digger, I've got Iris greens poking through (next to the runoff from the warm water the sump pump, pumps up)but no flowers.
It seems like I had Narcissus greenery in December but they went back to sleep.

o

more to report for spring> today i went out to my ice covered car and saw 3 fat, pale purple crocus buds right in the middle of the yard. spring is springing.!!!!
Diggerb

o

some brave greenery but still no color. weather man threatens 5 inches of snow and low in mid teens friday
Boo

o

six inches of snow 20 degrees
Boo March, go away

o

We're at over 15" of snow...close to 20" in north columbus. Just saw my bulbs poking up a few days ago and my snowdrops were blooming. Now they are under feet of snow. My back is completely broken from shoveling the sidewalk. I have never longed for spring as much as I do this year.

o

The breeze feels warm, the grass is greening, the buds on the trees are swelling, the hyacinths are peeking out, the crocus blooming. I want to start seeding!

Weatherman calling for lows in the 20's make me rein in my actions, but I want to start so bad.

I have begun seeding a wildflower garden and put out a small amount of lettuce seed today, just hoping they will sprout.

Does anyone know when the last exected day of frost is in southern Ohio?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here