Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indianaplantlover

Anyone else near Lou. Ky?

indianaplantlover
18 years ago

I am in Southern Indiana, across the river from Lou. Ky. Anyone else in this area? I have met a couple of you on ws board from this area just wondered about others. Maybe we can arrange a seed and plant swap during the summer someplace convenient to us all. I see so many beautiful yards during the summer I often wonder if the person who owns it is a GW member. Have a great weekend. Vicci

Comments (26)

• joyerman
    18 years ago

Hi Vicci. I am in Louisville. There are others. A plant swap would be great.
    John

• jimernster
    18 years ago

I'm also in the Louisville area. I'd love to get together to swap this spring or summer. Have lots to share. Connie

• indianaplantlover
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Guys, nice to hear from you. Maybe others will see this and respond. We will have to get our heads together and see about putting together a swap. I went to one about 4 years ago in Columbus In. I took my kids and they had a blast. Spread the word. Vicci

• angieangel
    18 years ago

im in louisville and have these plants to swap

Bolivian Jew
    Rubber Plant
    Aloe Vera
    Spider plant and lots of babies
    Strawberry Plants
    Ivy (indoor pot type]
    Arrowhead plant
    Janet craig plant
    pothos plant
    hens and chicks
    daylily bulbs- all mixed
    daylily seeds - all mixed
    lavender babies
    black eyed susan seeds
    foxglove seeds
    basil seeds
    spearmint seeds
    Mixed cactus seeds
    Sago palm (baby)
    snake plant (large)
    snake plant [dwarf]
    cactus babies
    achimenes -pink
    , if anyone is interested, let me know , lilangieangel610@yahoo.com

• joyerman
    18 years ago

.It looks like I amj going to have bunches of plants from seed,plus I have 50 named varieties of Iris I will have available for trade after they bloom.
    I am really looking for lady's mantle. Lets see if we can get something going here in Louisville.

• indianaplantlover
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have about 70 container of sprouts from winter sowing and about another 120 containers not sprouted yet. I have a few houseplants that need new homes, a couple looking kind of rough but will do better when they don't have to be stuck in a not well lighted bathroom. I love this idea of working up a get together. Let's keep in touch. Vicci

• flowerchildky
    18 years ago

Hi Vicci,
    you know I am here- close to the airport and fairgrounds :))

I winter sow too, and should have tons of baby plants to share- plus, I need to take up some plants to make room for these new ones ...

yes, we will have to get together-

Hello and welcome to the others here-
    best wishes,
    Linda

• plantsnobin
    18 years ago

I haven't checked in to GW for a while, glad I did today. I live in southern IN, in Paoli. About an hour from Louisville. It would be great to get together in an informal way to meet with other serious gardeners. There aren't any garden clubs around here that I am aware of that don't start off the meeting with a 'name your favorite bible verse' kind of thing.

• joyerman
    18 years ago

Perhaps we can get together sometime soon. I will be out of town last week in April but other than that I am open.

• broodyjen
    18 years ago

Hey, I am in Midway, which is like 45 min from Louisville. I'd love to come to a "swap" although I'm pretty new at gardening and don't have much to swap. I wintersowed a lot of stuff, but so far only have sprouts in a few containers....

• joyerman
    18 years ago

Broodyjen;

It looks like I am going to have a gazillion seedlings, so if we get together I wouldnt worry too much about what you can bring.

• indianaplantlover
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I will be out of town from the 12th of May till the 20th. Anyone have suggestions for a time or place for a get together? Vicci

• suzsyard
    18 years ago

Hello neighbors. Would love to get together. I'm west of Louisville, just south of Corydon.
    Don't know how much I will have from winter sowing this year. The hound dog had a hay day with my containers and my green house.
    Let me know when and where. Would love to be there.

~Also~
    Any suggestions on what to do with a hill side that is red clay and rocky. It is washing so bad.
    Can't really put built in flower beds on the whole hillside with trucked in dirt.
    Any ideas.

Thanks

• marciagaye
    18 years ago

I am in Louisville...we had a swap at my house years ago. We got together, ordered pizza, swaped plants and talked. I could host one again....

• joyerman
    18 years ago

marciagaye;
    It sounds great ..or we could have it over in Indiana by th e river. Lets just do it.

JOhn

• marciagaye
    18 years ago

When.....things are popping out of the ground at my house, but not everything. I can think of 2 dates to stay away from....Derby and Memorial Day. Any suggestions? Weekend? Week night?

• indianaplantlover
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Marciagaye, if you are willing to host this it would probably be better than the river sight this year. There are lots of people that use the walking trails and just generally spend lots of time in the area. If it goes well maybe next year we can post to other boards and open up to lots of people. I will be out of town the weekend of May 13th for my daughters wedding but any other time is great for me. It is so nice for you to offer to do this. Vicci

• highlandsgardener
    18 years ago

I have a lot of relatively uncommon plants. Would love to share. Still don't like the popularity contest on "favorites" though. Hate cliques but love gardeners.
    Carol

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    18 years ago

Hi all,

I'm Sue, from rural Scott County Indiana, about 40 miles north of the river.

I just got an invite from Marcia, and am looking forward to the details, and hope to get to come, but cannot commit this early.

Joyeman, I have Ladies Mantle, and am needing to move it, so I'll pot one up for you...in case it works out for me to come.

I'm going to be starting lots of Tomatoes. Is anyone interested in any tomato plants...if I get them started and then do get to come? Any special requests? I have all colors, shapes and sizes.

Sue

18 years ago

Here is a link to the post for the Louisville swap June 3rd, 2006.

Here is a link that might be useful: Louisville Ky swap-June 3rd 2006

• vickie3144
    18 years ago

Yes, I am in Crestwood!!! I have never been to a swap before! I would enjoy coming to one! keep the info coming and i will come. Happy Gardening, Vickie :)

• kydaylilylady
    18 years ago

Hi
    I'm between Frankfort and Shelbyville around Waddy. We do mostly daylilies here. That and anything that can be sold at the local Farmer's Markets in Shelbyville and Frankfort. I'll post on the plant swap thread.

Janet

• little_dove
    18 years ago

Im moving back to Louisville from Indiana, next week. I would be interested.

• apple20
    17 years ago

I'm in Jeffersonville, just across the river. Never knew this forum was here. I don't have anything to swap yet, but I love the idea of people in this area getting together. Cool, cool!

17 years ago

Apple20,

If you want to, look my have list over, and see if there is anything you want/need, and email me if there is, and I will get it potted up for you....(no trade needed)

Sue

• marciagaye
    17 years ago

APPLE20 I just sent you an email on the plant swap. please join us....don't worry if you don't have a plant to swap....there will be plenty for you to take home. Hope to see you.
    Marcia

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio