Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indianaplantlover

Gardening events, plants sales and swap?

indianaplantlover
18 years ago

How about posting any events here so everyone who may be looking to make a calander of gardening things to do can come here. Anything in the Ohio Valley that is coming up this Spring, Summer, or Fall. Looking forward to seeing how many I can get to. Thanks guys, Vicci

Comments (15)

• jrcountrygirl
    18 years ago

Hi Vicci,
    There is Qauil Hollow in Hartville, Oh.You can visit their website @ "www.quailhollow.org." they events coming up in March and April. Another place to check out is the "Metro Parks".Not sure what their website is. I just go to google and look it up that way..but they have garden and herb events coming up also.If I see anymore I will post them for you.
    Take care,
    Tina

• gdionelli
    18 years ago

I'll be posting a more official notice of our swap soon on the Exchange link, and everywhere else I can find, but here's a preliminary one: Enslow Park Presbyterian Church in Huntington, West Virginia will be having its second annual plant swap and sale on Saturday, May 20th at 9:00 AM (sorry, I know it's the same day as the famous Columbus swap, but maybe it's an easier location for some folks.) You may bring up to five plants for exchange, but please bring extras if you have them -- they will be sold for modest prices to benefit a local charity. Last year, our first time, we made around $500 if I remember correctly, to benefit Habitat for Humanity.

Any one who wants directions, feel free to email me through my member page.

• fennelgrl
    18 years ago

Any swaps in the Cincinnati area?

• mrgpag SW OH Z5/6
    18 years ago

Here's what's on my calendar

April 22
    Centerville, OH Perennial Swap 10-12 Benham's Grove
    Dayton, OH Cox Arboretum Metropark Wildflower Sale 11-3

April 29-30
    Crestwood, KY Yew Dell Gardens Plant Sale 10-4 & 1-4

6-7 May
    Cincinnati, OH Cincy Civic Garden Center Sale Sat 9-3(maybe Sun as well)
    Columbus, OH Inniswood Metropark Spring Plant Sale
    Dayton, OH Wegerzyn Gardens Metropark May Fair 10-5 & 12-5

12-13 May
    Dayton, OH Cox Arboretum Metropark Plant Sale 7-7 & 8-4

20 May
    Newark, OH Dawes Arboretum Plant Sale 9-1
    Near Louisville, KY Bernheim Arboretum Plant Sale 6-12

3 June
    Boone County, KY Boone County Arboretum @ Central Park 9-4

• gdionelli
    17 years ago

Just bringing this thread back to the top.

Update: the Enslow Park Presbyterian plant swap & sale will be Saturday May 20th at 9:00 AM, and proceeds will benefit Branches Domestic Violence Shelter. You may bring up to 5 plants to swap; any more over that number will be sold to benefit the shelter. The morning's activities will also include a giant yard sale, Scottish Tea, bake sale, and children's games. Please email me through my member page if you need directions.

• roadtrip
    17 years ago

The Cincy Civic Garden Center holds the Plant, Herb & Hosta sale and it is the BEST plant sale in the area-- by far. If you live near Cincinnati this is very much the place to be!!

Saturday 5/6 9-3pm
    Sunday 5/7 11-3pm

Shannon

• michigoose
    17 years ago

I really wanted to go to the Wegerzyn one, but didn't make it...I'm really hoping to go to the Cox one. I'm hoping others will add to this as I am relying on this to let me know what's cooking in the area....Thanks all who contribute!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    17 years ago

Madison (Indiana)in Bloom garden tour is this weekend and next. (May 13th and 14th, and 20th, and 21st)

It looks like there will be seven private gardens and some plant sales. I attended last year (for the first time) and now it is a must do sort of thing with my one and only plant loving friend.

There weren't many plants for sale, and most of them were more common...great things though for the less serious gardener/collector.

Madison is a quaint little town on the river, with many antique, and specialty shops...something for almost everyone.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Madison in Bloom

• fennelgrl
    17 years ago

Cincinnati-area events listed on my blog:

June

Licking Riverside Historic District Home and Garden Tour, June 17 -18
    College Hill Garden Tour, June 24

Newport East Row Garden Walk, June 24 - 25

July

Civic Garden Center Neighborhood Garden Tour, July 13

By the way, the CVG sale WAS awesome!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cincinnati Cape Cod blog

• mrgpag SW OH Z5/6
    17 years ago

Here's a "don't miss" event in Hamilton OH - just north of Cincinnati. Great plants for sale and this private property landscape is well worth the trip regardless
    Joan Day's Backyard Treasures Annual Plant Sale
    6215 Cavalcade Drive
    Hamilton, OH 45011
    Phone 513-868-3512
    Friday 26 May 10-5
    Saturday 27 May 10-8
    Sunday 28 May 10-6

Lots of collector type plants, troughs, hypertufa planters, new sun and shade perennials, and visiting her small, but awesome landscape makes this a definite "Don't Miss" event.

I took this info from a card she mails out to previous customers. Use a map program such as MapQuest, Google Maps, or Windows Live Local to get directions.
    Monday 29 May 10-6

PS- it's cash or checks only

• kydaylilylady
    17 years ago

The Daylily Society of Louisville will have their daylily show on June 25 at the Jefferson Mall in Louisville. I think there's a plant sale that will go along with that.

Quarles Daylilies at Waddy will have open gardens June 16th through July 16. Fridays 10-5, Saturdays and Sundays 1-6. There's over 1000 different varieties of daylilies on display and for sale.

I'll also look around and find the dates for the open gardens held by the Daylily Society of Louisville's members. I think it's the weekends of June 24th aand July 3rd. There will be notices in the Louisville paper.

Janet

• egkiser_fuse_net
    12 years ago

Does anyone have th July dates for Joan Day's sale this year?

• Mickie Marquis
    12 years ago

this weekend is Joan Day's tour!

• mamasllamas
    12 years ago

Lexington Ky Blue Grass Iris Society
    is having their iris sale july 30 at the
    Lexington Green lower level

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Grass Society SALE

• christ68
    12 years ago

Hi Im living in Rocky River Oh does anyone knows about exposition or shows in this fall (roses, orchids, gardening)

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz