Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennyfoo_gw

Spring Plant Swap (Louisville)

jennyfoo
14 years ago

I know it's early but I'm already excited!!

Comments (7)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

Hi Jennyfoo!

I've been staying so busy that I hadn't even given it any thought just yet though I am very interested in getting one together.

Member alanrocks just emailed me as he is interested and I had emailed him last year, though he wasn't able to make it.

I just dropped marciagaye (Marcia) an email to see if she thinks she might be hostess again, or not. I asked that she reply here, and then we can go from there with plans.

I hope it all works out that we can get one together and that a lot of folks can make it. The more the merrier.

I'll do a mass emailing a bit later asking members to check in on this thread.

Sue

• alanrocks
    14 years ago

I am interested if a group organizes something in the Louisville area. I don't have space at my home, but would certainly bring plants including columbines, Amsonia, Caryopteris, and more. I am still watching to see what didn't survive the winter.

14 years ago

I haven't heard back yet from out wonderful hostess from previous years, but will update when I hear something, or else I will give her a call.

I got an email from another member and urged her to post here as well as at least updating her wish list on her Member Trade Page, and to get her Member Page email link set up.

For those who think they may be able to join in the fun, please update your have and wish lists. When I go to dig and pack plants for the swap, I will dig 'actual' wishes first, (usually prearranged) then if time and energy allows I will pack other goodies for trading or sharing. I would however like best to fill actual wishes as opposed to going to the time and trouble of digging and packing 'stuff' and maybe no one really wanting or needing what I brought.

Sue

Also...please add your 'real name' to your posts too, if you don't mind...other wise I "will' only be able to relate to and call you by your GW name. Thanks!

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

O.K. It will be here again. Pick a Saturday....maybe the first Saturday in June????? Or since things are jumping out of the ground already, maybe the weekend before Memorial day weekend. I think that puts it the 3rd weekend. Don't have a calender in front of me.

14 years ago

O.K. It will be here again.

Whoo-Hoo! Thank you sweet hostess Marcia.

.maybe the first Saturday in June?????
    That (June 5th) is what I would prefer, just because it is later and winter sown things will be farther along, and things aren't 'quite' as busy as in May.

The Sat a week before Memorial Day is May 22nd.

Sue

• jennyfoo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have tried to reply 3 times....but each time it won't show up!!

Anyhoo as of now either day is good for me. I just can't believe how fast everything in my yard has taken off!
    Jennifer

• flowerchildky
    13 years ago

Hi there,
    missed you at the swap--

I have some grown from seed hibiscus plants that I brought for you---they are small (of course)- they were winter sown and there are 3 in a little pot...If you want, I will pot one up for you for the fall swap (??)

if they come true from seed, they are a big red bloom -from my Mom's plant "Lord Baltimore"

just let me know
    best wishes,
    Linda (by the airport) *see the swap thread*

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor