17 years ago

I have sprouts:

lettuce

Sweet William

Various Dianthus

Centaura macrocephala

Rudbeckia burpeii

Strawflower

I have only done 23 containers (it's usually 100+) but what is there really nice and healthy.

I'm here in Columbus, where are YOU?

Comments (9)

• lynnem
    17 years ago

Circleville here!

I have:
    california poppies
    sweet peas
    alyssum
    rudebekia of some sort
    sweet william is just now showing life....

• gdionelli
    17 years ago

Huntington, WV here.

So far:
    lychnis Vesuvius
    white rose campion
    hibiscus
    scabiosa Chat Noir
    iberis Snowflake
    white yarrow
    verbascum atroviolaceum

Still more containers to plant, also!

• glenna_soohio
    17 years ago

Southern Ohio here. My first year to WS. 16 containers. nearly all are up. except my tomatoes. should I be worried? I am.

• kydaylilylady
    17 years ago

Around 300 tomato plants, 70 banana and other kinds of peppers, asters, zinnas, dahlia, euclyptus, bells of Ireland. I've got a bunch of other stuff I haven't gotten started yet.

Janet

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

my tomatoes aren't up yet, but I'm not worried. they've got plenty of time. I have over 200 containers out, and prob 20-30 have germinated.

I heard snow for easter????

Barbi

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I lost my calendulas and eyeball plant. Luckily, the winter sowing family sent me some eyeball, so I'm back in business.

Thus far I have only planted out dianthus. This weather is nuts. I expect the cold dips but not the prolonged March weather.

• kqcrna
    17 years ago

I'm in Cincinnati. 60 WS containers, most have a least a few sprouts, and quite a few ready to go in the ground. I've only planted out annual alyssum and clarkia and then that freeze hit. The alyssum is toast but a few clarkia might make it but remain questionable. After that have been reluctant to plant out but it seems summer is here again.

I want to get to the Cincinnati Flower Show this weekend so not much planting out will be done yet again.

Karen

• wish2okc
    17 years ago

I have larkspur, rudbeckia, lupines & frankly, some things I failed to label & I have no idea what they are!

• mamimo
    17 years ago

Indiana here. Off the top of my head -- I have marigold, tomatoes, snap pea, larkspur, blanket flower, purple coneflower, black eye susans, coral bells, lobelia, globeflower, cosmos, basil,... Actually it's a lot easier for me to list what that hasn't sprouted: joe pye weed, butterfly weed, siberian iris, white penstemon, cilantro, rosemary.