Fri, Mar 23, 07 at 12:50

I have sprouts:

lettuce
Sweet William
Various Dianthus
Centaura macrocephala
Rudbeckia burpeii
Strawflower

I have only done 23 containers (it's usually 100+) but what is there really nice and healthy.

I'm here in Columbus, where are YOU?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ohio Valley Winter Sowers - wassup?

Circleville here!

I have:
california poppies
sweet peas
alyssum
rudebekia of some sort
sweet william is just now showing life....

o

Huntington, WV here.

So far:
lychnis Vesuvius
white rose campion
hibiscus
scabiosa Chat Noir
iberis Snowflake
white yarrow
verbascum atroviolaceum

Still more containers to plant, also!

o

Southern Ohio here. My first year to WS. 16 containers. nearly all are up. except my tomatoes. should I be worried? I am.

o

Around 300 tomato plants, 70 banana and other kinds of peppers, asters, zinnas, dahlia, euclyptus, bells of Ireland. I've got a bunch of other stuff I haven't gotten started yet.

Janet

o

my tomatoes aren't up yet, but I'm not worried. they've got plenty of time. I have over 200 containers out, and prob 20-30 have germinated.

I heard snow for easter????

Barbi

o

I lost my calendulas and eyeball plant. Luckily, the winter sowing family sent me some eyeball, so I'm back in business.

Thus far I have only planted out dianthus. This weather is nuts. I expect the cold dips but not the prolonged March weather.

o

I'm in Cincinnati. 60 WS containers, most have a least a few sprouts, and quite a few ready to go in the ground. I've only planted out annual alyssum and clarkia and then that freeze hit. The alyssum is toast but a few clarkia might make it but remain questionable. After that have been reluctant to plant out but it seems summer is here again.

I want to get to the Cincinnati Flower Show this weekend so not much planting out will be done yet again.

Karen

o

I have larkspur, rudbeckia, lupines & frankly, some things I failed to label & I have no idea what they are!

o

Indiana here. Off the top of my head -- I have marigold, tomatoes, snap pea, larkspur, blanket flower, purple coneflower, black eye susans, coral bells, lobelia, globeflower, cosmos, basil,... Actually it's a lot easier for me to list what that hasn't sprouted: joe pye weed, butterfly weed, siberian iris, white penstemon, cilantro, rosemary.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here