Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

It must be spring!

alison
19 years ago

Temperatures in central Ohio are a notoriously bad way of determining the season (remember how many times it's been this warm since November?) but nature never lies. Standing out back having my first cigarette of the day, I saw a male black swallowtail butterfly flit by. It's here; it's really here!

There's also some subtle sweet scent in the air. It's Tuesday, not honey-bun day at the Kroger bakery, so this must be something blooming somewhere on the Fort Hayes campus. Have to track it down.....

But it's spring! It's really spring!!!

Comments (8)

• bakemom_gw
    19 years ago

It was just beautiful. My office all piled in a SUV and headed out to North Market. Tomorrow, I'm strolling down to City Center to shop for glasses, spring work duds, and SHOES.

This weekend I'm considering purchasing my new mower. The one of choice is the Honda HRX217 that mulches and bags on the fly. It has pretty good reviews so far here and there, so we'll see.

• storygardener
    19 years ago

Wow...spring fragrances already - how cool is that?? I love it.

I am so looking forward to today...with predicted highs in the 70's. I don't have to work today and I plan to spend alot of time outside with my neice, Erika, and Mimi. We are going to do a garden crafty thing - cover old bowling balls with pennies - to make a garden chachka. Also, Erika & I will do some tidy up chores, too. Can't waste the day.

I am waiting for some garden fragrance.. that will be another sign of spring.

I've got LOTS of things poking up and emerging. The daffs all have their buds out. Flowers will soon follow.

This is great.

Beverly

• mrgpag SW OH Z5/6
    19 years ago

not much fragrance here, but we overwinter some citrus trees in our arboretum greenhouse, and they are coming into bloom right now and that fragrance get sort of overwhelming at times to the point we need to ventilate so we can work in there for any length of time.

• alison
    Original Author
    19 years ago

What a way to go, eh?

I have a calamondin orange and a key lime in the foyer at work, and they are blooming right now. When guests sit and wait for somebody to help them they become intrigued, and start searching for the source of the scent. Invariably, they'll find all the scented geraniums that are over wintering at their feet.

You'd think with all those good smells inside I wouldn't go bananas over scent outdoors, but it's the best part of spring!

• princess_mimi
    19 years ago

Alison, are you sure that it's spring? I see snow out my window today? ;)

~~Mimi

• aegis1000
    19 years ago

Are you in or around Cleveland, ... Mimi ?

• alison
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Nope, sunny Central Ohio, where the weather is always... inconsistent.

But Sunday was great, wasn't it Mimi?

• storygardener
    19 years ago

I got my first whiff of spring fragrance today!! I picked two bunches of daffs today - one for my mom and one for a neighbor that had surgery. WOW...I had forgotten how fragrant they are.

LOVE IT.

Yes, Alison...Spring must be here now at my house too!

Beverly

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living