Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone been to the Cincinnati flower show?

Posted by lynnichols z5 OH (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 28, 07 at 20:18

We just moved to Columbus from Baltimore where we LOVED the Philadelphia Flower show. I haven't heard of any shows in Columbus but I just discovered there is one in cinci. Has anyone been to it and is it worth making the trip for? Web page doesn't have a lot of photos so hard to tell. Thanks Lyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone been to the Cincinnati flower show?

The flower show is definatly worth the trip.

Since my first show I had noticed the show had gotten a little repetive and just a little less enjoyable each year... having felt I wasn't quite getting my money worth. They are adding new events each year and I was reading in the paper about the food show featuring fine foods from all over the country. A show within a show as they're calling it.

You can't go wrong with making the trip having never attended before and I fully plan on visiting this year. I live only five minutes from the site, so the travel time is much less then the nearly two hours from Columbus to Cincinnati, but I still say give it a shot!

The site offical flower show site (http://www.cincyflowershow.com) states the Cincy flower show is the only North American show recognized by the Royal Horticulture Society of Great Britan.

Hope you make the trek and visit the show.
Shannon

Here is a link that might be useful: Cincy Flower Show

o

I've been a couple of times though not recently, and had a 3 to 4 hour drive (one way). It was definitely worth it!

Sue

o

I have been to the flower show twice. For someone who has never gone it is a great show, but I also agree that after you go once the next time is less thrilling, but if you have never gone it's worth a trip. Word of advice if you go, go early. We always got there when the gates open. By the time we left it was getting really crowded and traffic was backing up to get in. Also if you buy your tickets at a krogers you get a discount on your tickets. Also I always take my camera so I can take the ideas home with me.

o

I like the show. For one reason or another haven't been in a couple of years, but I got tickets and plan to go today.

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here