Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roadtrip_gw

Spring and the other 'S' word-- no not showers

roadtrip
18 years ago

Tomorrow winter is gone. March 20th 1:26pm is the official start of spring! Right?

Well, being Spring and all, then what's this Winter Storm Warning and 3-5 inches (2-4 depending on who you listen to) and the greatest snowfall in the tri-state since December 18th all about?

I guess ole mother nature has decided winter isn't quite ready to release us to our gardening and all the other leasure outdoor activities like an evening listening Baseball and sipping on lemonaid. Perhaps someone forgot to send the memo that tomorrow is March 20th?

Shannon

Comments (6)

• chrsvic
    18 years ago

If we get anything like 3 plus inches of the 'S' stuff, i don't think im going to work tomorrow.

I'm just hoping my mail ordered plants don't arrive this week. I don't relish the thought of trudging through the snow to plant them!

And there's no warming in the foreseeable forecast.

• roadtrip
    Original Author
    18 years ago

When I woke this morning I took a peek out the window and one would think ole St. Nick would be on our minds instead of gardening and Springtime.

{{gwi:1071114}}

Shannon

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1071112}}

• chrsvic
    18 years ago

Great pics! I like it.

Thanks for sharing.

• storygardener
    18 years ago

Thanks for sharing those pics! We had ten minutes of flurries today. The other day, while southern Ohio got aplenty, central Ohio got less than an inch.

• princess_mimi
    18 years ago

Beautiful pics! Especially of the grape hyacynths.

I was in SW Pennsylvania for the 20th and we got only a sprinkle of slush. It was still enough to make it so miserable that my boys spent most of Spring Break inside.

It's bound to warm up. It always does. Just today I was asking myself why I was acting surprised to see snow falling now. I do live in central Ohio and the weather is always crazy!

Keep your chin up! (It's easier to catch snowflakes on your tounge that way!)

~~Mimi

• roadtrip
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for all the comments on the photo. With the snow melted the little Hyacinths are doing great!!

Wish I could say the same for my Tulips... last night I lost about a dozen Tulips to the STUPID DEER. I am soooo mad right now. A few of them were only up a few inches so they may very go ahead and send up enough foliage to bloom yet. The others had a full four inches of growth and were totally eaten to the ground. A full clump of at least six Tulips buzz-sawed right off at the ground.

Ohhhhh well. Last year they got they just as they started to bloom and ate the bloom off right off the stalk.

I guess I'll have to break out the liquid fence. Just a few days too late to save my poor tulips.

I see a product called Deer Scram... a granular product without the smelly side-affect of the liquid fence. Anyone with experiences with it??
    Shan

Sponsored