Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marciagaye

June 2nd- 2007 Annual Spring Louisville Swap

marciagaye
17 years ago

O.K. here it is. We will meet at my house at 10:00 Saturday morning. Bring whatever you want to, or if you have nothing to swap, then come anyway and you will go home with new plants. I will have coffee and juice available. Last year we had plants everywhere...all over the driveway. We swapped plants, and chatted. So bring a chair if you want....I just sat on the driveway. Let me know if you are coming and I will e-mail you my address.

Comments (28)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    17 years ago

I am coming.

I would like to prearrange some trades if possible, (or just sharing if I have an abundance and anyone lets me know of any particular interests) and will go do that a little later on the 'Exchange side'.

I will plan to bring a cooler as well with some cold beverages too.

Please email me your addy...I wasn't 'organized' in 2006 (like I'm trying to be in 2007...LMAO) thus I don't have it.

I hope all attending will post 'have' and wish' lists so folks can get some of their wishes, as well as letting everyone know their haves available.

I already know a few things of interest to you and Jen (broodyjen), so that makes it easier to plan what to get together sometime b4 the morning of the swap...like I did a few things last year.

Sue...

• broodyjen
    17 years ago

Marcia, I need your address again, too. I wasn't organized in 2006, and unlike Sue, I don't forsee being organized anytime in the future, either.

I am planning on coming, and I have invited my MIL, although I'm not sure if she'll come or not. I hope she comes and brings some trades, because I'm afraid I don't have much to offer this year. I haven't started any seeds yet. I suppose I should, so I'll have stuff to bring. The thing is, I'M PREGNANT, and therefore am completely unmotivated right now (or at least that's my excuse). But I'm in the process of growing something VERY important....wink wink!

Sue, I hope you still have a lilac start for me? I looked over your trade list just now, and I didn't see anything that I have that you want, but hopefully I'll come up with something. In any case, I plan on bringing lots of empty nursery pots and hanging baskets that I have laying around, maybe someone can use them.

See you soon!

Jen

17 years ago

Oh Jen,

Congratulations! That is so wonderful. You must really be all aglow. Had best get in gardening gear though this season yet...as you really may not have the time or energy next season.

Yes...I have a lilac (or 2 or 3) with you in mind, as we talked about last fall. Will you be moving? I'll email you later, and keep this thread open for the many replies for Marcia.

I'm so excited for you!

Sue

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jen...that is great! When are you due? Do you know if it is a boy or girl? I will e-mail you the address.

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

O.K. I THINK we have about 6 people so far. Bring your friends...the more the merrier.

16 years ago

Hi Marcia,

Who are the 6 so far? I imagine there will be more as the date draws nearer.

I hope everyone has at least a wish list posted (so I can plan to fill some wishes ahead of time with some of my extras), and a trade list if anyone knows what they might have available to bring. I have lots of extra stuff to share, but it just would not be possible to bring it all for the possibility of someone maybe wanting it.

I posted on the Exchange page here with the sibject of posting line of
    WANTED: Prearranged Louisville Swap June 2nd 2007 trades

Hopefully others will do likewise.

I'm getting all excited again just thinking about it and hope to be caught up with trading, and planting that I will welcome getting to come home with some new additions to the garden

Sue

• sharonramick12345
    16 years ago

Hi. I'm new to GW... so excited. I have a ton of variegated Hostas. Large leaf. Anyone want some? I also have some Ivy that I'm digging up and getting rid of... plain old dark green ivy, anyone want any? I've moved into a new-to-me house last June and I haven't been able to do any gardening since last year my girl was only 7 months old at the beginning of gardening season. Now she is running around and helping me pick dandelions... so cute. anyway, I have some kind of bulb plant growning in my garden space and it doesn't flower. I have no idea what it is... I'm thinking it might be a daffodil, but not planted deep enough or something.... Anyone have any ideas on how I can find out what this is? It has tall green leaves like a daffodil. Just no flowers. nothing. I'm stumped????
    I would like to come to the swap on the 2nd. please send me the address. What side of town is it in?
    I'm looking to find some Astilbe and pink evening primrose... anyone have any?
    thanks, Sharon

16 years ago

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to Garden Web, and the local OV Forum. Where are you located? State? You might want to add that info to your preferences info.

Anywho, If you will go to the Exchange link on the main page here, you will see I have made a post to prearrange some trades or just sharing of some 'extras at the Louisville swap..

Please post there your interest in Pink Astillbe, and pink primrose. I for sure have the primrose, and may have some pink astillbe after sending out 2 trades of it.

It has tall green leaves like a daffodil. Just no flowers.
    My guess is that they are probably daffs that probably need dividing. If not divided, the many bulbs split, make more bulbs, and the many new bulbs are then small and very crowded, and won't bloom, but just send up foliage.

The swap is on the east side of town. Hope you can make it.

Oh! suggestion...post a wish list on your trade page...I can then see what all I have that I maybe don't have listed, that I can plan to bring.

Sue

• wish2okc
    16 years ago

Marcia, I am still planning on being there so will need directions from Evansville. Looks like I will have a few things to bring. Posted some on the exchange page as you suggested Sue. Sharon, welcome! Look forward to meeting you all.

Jane

16 years ago

hmmmm, Jane, I don't see your post here at The Ohio Valley Exchange page.

Anywho, If you will go to the Exchange link on the main page here, (Maybe I should have said main page here at the Ohio Valley Forum) you will see I have made a post to prearrange some trades or just sharing of some 'extras at the Louisville swap..

Glad you plan to make it!

So far that I know of
    Marcia-our wonderful hostess
    Me-Sue/chemocurl
    Jen-broodyjen(glowing)
    Jane-wishfulthinking
    Sharon-sharonramick12345---are you a for sure?...I hope

Who else Martha? John? Vickie? Linda by the airport? Nanc? Where is everyone? Busy in the garden?

I want to get some things planned out on what to bring. So far I only know of a Jen's (a little), and Marcia's wishes.
    Would like to know more.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Ohio Valley Forum Exchange Page

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I also think we have coming....Nancy, Vickie, MarlaJo, Susan and Kygirl99. Plus I think my daughter is coming and bringing her mother-in-law.

• wish2okc
    16 years ago

Sue, I'm such a dork. I added to my page, not to the Exchange page. Now I can't even remember how I did that much. Anyway, I'll figure it out & get onto the exchange page later today some time. Right now, its a gorgeous morning & I am off planting!

16 years ago

Marcia,

Would you mind maybe posting the member names for Nancy, Vickie, MarlaJo, Susan...that I might check their trade have and wish lists...if'n they have them posted.

TIA-Sue

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This is what I have...
    Susan ...suzsyard
    MarlaJo....dreamspirit
    Nancy....all i have is that she is from valley Station
    Vickie....from Crestwood

Susan and Vickie are maybes....hope that the closer it gets more people will jump in. I have also cross posted on the Get together Board.

• dreamspirit
    16 years ago

Yes, I am planning on being there. I have nothing to swap and have no idea what I could ask for. Right now I have a very small flower garden in my backyard and I have a couple of things growing and I'm not sure what they are. Someone gave them to me last year and I don't remember. I'll take pics and bring them with me.

I have some daylilies (I think) in the front by the house.

I am very new to gardening. I lived in an apartment for soooo long and just moved to a house with my new husband a couple of years ago. The yard needs a LOT of work and I'm trying to make it look nice. Any advice would be great.

I'm excited about meeting you all, too.

Marcia, I e-mailed you asking for your address.

• sharonramick12345
    16 years ago

oh yes! I'll be there. but I need an address.
    i'm for real! I'm in Louisville, KY. near Iroquois Park. I'm behind DeSales High School. I haven't gotten to the pre-trade page yet. I'm going there next. :-)

• flowerchildky
    16 years ago

Hi guys! *big wave*
    I have been busy, as we all are, trying to keep ahead of the weeds and such.

You can count on me for the swap- I had a wonderful time last year! I don't think I will have as much this year, but, once I start digging, who knows?

I will check the exchange page too-I love to be able to bring things someone wants...

Dreamspirit, you just come right on and visit with us...
    we will be glad to share, and help you anyway we can..

Jennifer- so happy for you :))

Sue- my peachy colored iris had 1 bloom so far..it's adorable! I hope they will grow a bit more and maybe have another bloom or two! My surprise lillies are up-

has anybody seen/heard from Vickie in Indiana? She gave me 2 diff plants, and now I can't remember what they are-

Sharon, glad to see you on the board here-we are going to have fun!

I will add things to the exchange page, as I figure out what I have..

happy spring everyone!

Linda by the airport

• broodyjen
    16 years ago

Well, I am still planning on coming to the swap, but unfortunately I miscarried last week, so I will no longer be "glowing." Unless you count my sunburn from all the time I spent outside lately!

Jen

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jen....so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you. I have had several e-mails within the past few days from people wanting to know about the swap....so I have sent information. If someone doesn't have the info they need please let me know.
    Linda is coming.
    Also heard from Thad in Prospect and he and some friends are planning to come.

• wish2okc
    16 years ago

Marcia, I still need your address for the swap, please.

Jen, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarraige.

Jane

• wulfgar87
    16 years ago

Hello all,

Im not really new to garden web just new to the Ohio Valley forum. I mostly stick to the Bromeliad forum and i can't believe i didn't think to look for this one. I've got a bunch of Vriesea 'Christine' pups that i've been looking for an excuse to repot if anybody is interested. All i need is an address and ill load up the bromes and girlfriend(to carry them) and im on my way. :)

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wulfgar87....I just sent you an email with address. Let me know if you have any questions.

• dreamspirit
    16 years ago

Jen, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Marcia, I still need your address, too, please.

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dreamspirit...I just sent you an e-mail. Please let me know if you got it.

• nance
    16 years ago

I'm coming also! I had such a great time at the last one.
    I don't remember who gave me the sweet william seedlings ,but they are so pretty with my daisys. See you there!
    Nancy from Valley Station.

• wulfgar87
    16 years ago

So is this mostly outdoor landscaping type plants or is it a mix of indoor/outdoor plants? This'll be my first swap so i really have no idea what to expect.

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It was outdoor plants last year. I did request and get an aloe plant last year. I am sure that if you have some indoor plants someone will gladly give them a new home. In fact, I am rooting some wandering jew for the swap.

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

IF it rains we will just pop open the garge and move in there...:) I hope we get rain BEFORE saturday morning or after the swap....My grass is dying on me. I water the plants, but not the grass. Can't wait to see everyone !!!

Sponsored