Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shelbyville KY Art and Garden Fair

Posted by kydaylilylady z6 KY (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 27, 06 at 8:35

Is this weekend, April 29. It's being held in conjunction with the beginning of the Shelbyville Farmer's Market. Jeanne Wiche will be there to answer questions at 10:00. There will be tons of plants, the Master Gardeners use this as a fundraiser so they'll have lots of plants in addition to local vendors selling annuals, lots of daylilies and other great plants. Market starts at 8:00 and the Garden Fair goes from 9-2. If you folks in Louisville don't have anything planned this weekend come on out. It's held at the Shelby County Fairgrounds which is on US 60 across from the First Baptist Church in Shelbyville. Hope to see you all there!

Janet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shelbyville KY Art and Garden Fair

ack! my computer crashed thursday, and i didn't get my laptop back from my daughter until tonight, so i missed this post AND the show/fair...sounds like it would've been great. i hope it was a hit!

susan in old louisville

o

I didn't see the post either until it was too late to keep any time open to get to go. It sounds like something I would have liked, and not 'too' far to drive.

I was always a fan of Fred Wiche, and now always enjoy his daughter.

Do you know if this is usually scheduled for the last weekend in April? If so, I could pencil it in for 2007.

Sue

o

It is usually the last weekend in April. It also corresponds with the opening of the Shelbyville Farmer's Market. We had a lovely crowd at market despite the steady drizzle. It wasn't enough to keep true gardeners inside!

There were tons of annuals and perennials there plus I saw someone carting hypertufa pots around. I'm going to make me some one of these days! I love the way they look. A few artists were set up plus lots of lawn and garden folks. The plants from Master Gardener's gardens were quite popular too. The Farmer's Market has several plant vendors with annuals, daylilies, herbs and handmade lawn furniture at VERY reasonable prices.

This is the first year I was actually able to participate. As per usual, the 4-H Cow Camp was this weekend and I usually had to forgo the Garden Fair to haul kiddies to Cow Camp but this year I was able to send my second daughter with the rest of the kids. Apparently she did a good job cause my youngest daughter came in 4th in the junior division and my son came in first in reasons and third overall. If he can hold that record for the state contest in June he'll be on his way to Mid-South fair in Memphis and the NAILE in Louisville.

Janet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here