Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I get a tree dolly in central ohio?

Posted by lynnichols z5 OH (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 07 at 9:22

Ok...so I know this is a very specific question and unlikely to get any responses but I'm posting for my dear husband. We went to an auction last saturday in Powell and bought 23 trees (YIKES!) for practically nothing. Incredible deal but now we have to plant them. They are large burlapped evergreen trees and my husband can drag them around the yard but it is a lot of work and he'd be able to plant them much quicker if he had a dolly. We've found several dollies all over the internet but shipping is as much as the cost of the dolly. There must be someplace that is local that we can either buy one or rent one. Anyone have any thoughts at all?

Thanks!
Lyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I get a tree dolly in central ohio?

If you have a Harbor Freight you may have luck with something there. They may not have tree dollies, I didn't see them on the website, but you never know what they may have in store.

http://www.harborfreight.com/

Also found them at the AM Leonard site... they are located near Dayton (mail-order only), but the shipping seemed resonable last time I ordered from them... based on the total of the order not the weight of the item... tho some larger items may be taged as oversize and subject to additional shipping charges.

http://www.amleo.com/index/help-desk/subcat.cgi?Cat=FA

As for rentals... try Lowes of Home Depot. I know some locations also rent tools, tho not sure about availability of tree dollies. You may also want to try your yellow pages and look under tool rental. One other shot is to call local greenhouses/nurserys and ask if you can borrow or rent one from them. I would doubt it tho as it's the really busy season for all growers and I'm not sure they'd part with a piece of equipment like that at this time of year. Worth a shot at least... all they can do is tell you no!

Good luck!!!
Shannon

o

Call Oakland. If they know, they will tell you. They are very nice helpful people.

o

Thanks for the help. Its funny, we called oakland and they too recommended am leanonards. AM leonards was going to charge us over $100 to ship it and it only cost about $200. So we decided to go pick it up. They have a store in Piqua and actually had them in stock. They actually had exactly what we wanted. We could use a store like that in Columbus. Its about an hour and a half drive for us...but worth the $100 plus shipping fee. My husband is on his way to Piqua right now. Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here