Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smckellep

gardeners are the nicest people! (a thank you...)

smckellep
17 years ago

i've only recently found these boards, and i've already been overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of the fellow gardeners i've met here.

i want to thank marciagaye & her husband for the carload of plants (and a bag of dwight's magic dirt/leaf compost!) they gave us over the weekend. thanks to their generosity, our newly-acquired, sad-looking little backyard beds will soon be a jungle of ferns, spiderwort, sedum, iris (japanese or louisiana? *grin*), columbine...and my longed-for favorite wildflower, virginia bluebell.

i also want to thank carrie1964 from over on the "ponds" forum, for her offer of water plants AND a baby koi to get my pond started.

...neighbors have offered cuttings from their plants when i've admired them on afternoon walks (i even got up the courage to ask one fellow for a cutting from his climbing rose, and he gave me a whole bagful!)...co-workers are digging up stuff from their yards & bringing it in to work for me to take home and plant...

my garden is going to be a living scrapbook of people's generosity and kindness, and i couldn't be more delighted by the idea!

looking forward to the plant swap!

:)

susan in old louisville

Comments (3)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA