Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
danielle40204

New to Forum looking for local plant swaps

danielle40204
15 years ago

Hi everyone!

IÂm a new home owner trying to reclaim my yard. IÂm interested in finding a friendly plant swap to get advice, ideas and maybe some plants. Being a newbie I donÂt know how much I will have to swap, and IÂm not sure what people a interested in obtaining. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, IÂm in Louisville, KY, border of Original Highlands and Gtown.

Comments (5)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Garden Web, and the Ohio Valley Forum. You are just in time to think about planning to attend the annual Louisville Sprig Swap. There is another thread started here with the subject line 2008 Louisville, KY plant swap.
    The hostess has posted it and we are all giving our input in picking a date to hold it. I've listed in that thread many things one could bring if they were short on actual plant material (plants, bulbs, rhizomes, cuttings). Lots of good info in that thread.

Also, you have no email link on your member page, thus no one can email you.

To set up your email link, just go to the bottom on any page here, and click on Member Pages
    Then click on Edit your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences
    You will then probably be asked to login in again.
    Then check the box Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site.

That will place a link on your member page, making it handy for members to reach you in the future.
    You can also use the Member Pages link to build your Member trading list of Plants and Seeds you either have, or that you are looking for.

Sometime b4 the swap, I will be checking everyone's lists to see what I can bring that is listed on member's wish lists.

Keep an eye on the Exchange Page here too, as I will be posting about swap items I have to either trade, or just share.

Congrats on being a new home owner! How excited you must be. Please tell us a bit about yourself, or your gardening style,wishes, or interests. You can put them in a blurb on your member page...see mine as an example.

You say you are trying to reclaim your yard....hmmmm...sounds like you must have some things then...I'm thinking cuttings....Take a walk around, and consider what things you might actually have to swap now, even if it is just cuttings. I'd be interested in knowing what you might have...hint, hint.

Sue...in Indiana about 30 miles north of Louisville

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

Please join us for the plant swap....we are a VERY informal, laid-back group. This will be our 3rd swap! It is fun.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

And here is the link to the thread 2008 Louisville, KY plant swap

Sue

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

The date is June 7th....use the link that Sue posted above.

• flowerchildky
    15 years ago

oh yes, be sure to post on the swap thread-
    I will be checking there - looking for requests-
    I have lots of plants to share-
    It is easier for me if I know what to dig

don't worry about having lots to trade- I, for one, will have lots more to give than I need to receive :)

happy gardening
    Linda in Louisville by the airport

Sponsored
Potomac Shores Cabinetry
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Loudoun County's Well-Designed Spaces and Custom Crafted Cabinetry