Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To order from Spring Hill or to wait?

Posted by Michigoose Z6CT (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 1, 05 at 14:52

HELP! Ok guys...I need your advice. There are a number of things I want to get from Spring Hill (at least from their catalog), but I'm moving to Troy probably June 15 (the house is there....we own it...but I have to wait until my daughter finishes school.). I'll be out probably once before we hit lock, stock and perennial.

Here's my quandry: Since Troy is so close to Tipp City, should I wait and just pick up plants there? The problem I see with that is that they might not have some of the plants anymore. They said that I could order and they would hold the plants and ship on a specific date for me....Should I do that and pay shipping, but get what I want, even tho they might be smaller than I can get in person?

Is my coming so late in the season (and it appears that it will be after the point at which they had the $0.99 sale last year --you guys were talking about it on June 12) mean that they won't have the stuff? Should I just forget it? I've wanted the poker primrose and the Iris tectorum for years....whaddaya think? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To order from Spring Hill or to wait?

From all the negative stuff I've heard about springhill mailorder, and the lousy plants I myself received, I'd wait to visit the center personally, then you can pick out your own plants.

o

The Springhill mail-order greenhouse facility took a major hit from the snowstorm just before Christmas and I was told they lost a lot of their plant material - the place collaped.

o

I would not buy anything from them again. I looked up the Tectorum. $8+ for a three inch pot. That is going to be a very small seedling. I have the blue one.

Mike G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here