Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hostas up for grabs in Columbus

Posted by amykaywat OH (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 07 at 16:45

I have overeager hostas taking over my front garden. I've already dug up eight 15" clumps (that's 15" diameter across new growth barely sticking up out of the soil) and have another six to go. Last year these plants were each about four feet across because we were new to the house and hadn't yet figured out what to do with Hostas. Now I know, and I'm digging them up. I'll have at least four gallon-size plants out of each clump I dig up and might be willing to keep four, so that means I'll have 20 or more to give away.

Let me know if you'd like to partake. I'm digging them up this weekend--April 21/22. I've posted picture below so you can see the varieties we have.

Here is a link that might be useful: Two hosta varieties - one solid green, one variegated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hostas up for grabs in Columbus

would take any or all hostas i have a perfect place for them would be willing to trade something

o

Ladybug, I tried to e-mail you, but it may not have gone through. Hostas are still available if you want them. If I don't hear from you, we'll compost them. Thanks.

o

Oh my god...please don't compost them. I would be more than happy to take anything you don't want. I'll try to email you. If you don't get my email, please email me at Lynnichols@yahoo.com

I live in Powell and could come to pick them up Sun, Mon or Tues anytime (I just so happen to be on vacation this week).

Thanks Lyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here