Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Historial Socity sells plants that are -- historical!

Posted by alison 5/OH (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 17:37

The Ohio Historical Society is holding another round of historical plant sales this year. I didn't get to the one last year, but I've got the date for the Columbus center circled on my calendar -- anyone want to go with me?

PLants are on sale this weekend at Adena Masion and gardens, and next weekend at the Historical Society in Columbus.

Check the link below for more information and mouthwatering descriptions, but here's a list to whet your appetite:

Tomatoes
1884, Black from Tula, Brandywine, Cherokee Purple, Egyptian, Favorite, Golden Queen, Green Grape (Cherry tomato), Green Zebra, Magnus, Old Ivory Egg, Paragon Livingston, Reisentraube (Cherry), Soldaki.

Heirloom Flowers
African Daisy Buff Beauty, Celosia (1570), Amish Cockscomb, Bunny Tails /Hares Tail Grass, Corn Poppy (Rare), Gas Plant/Burning Bush, Hollyhock Nigra (1629), Hyacinth Bean (1804), Jobs Tears (Rare), Josephs Coat (1786), Love-In-A-Mist (1570), Nasturtium Alaska Mix, Painted Tongue, Historic Pansies, Pink-Pheasant Eye (Dianthus), Sensitive Plant (Mimosa), Heirloom Snapdragons.

Here is a link that might be useful: Historical Society plant sale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Historial Socity sells plants that are -- historical!

Pretty good sale, and pretty good prices. I'll defintiely go again next year, altho' maybe I'll actually stick to my plans next time.

I went just to get the scarlet runner bean plants. I ended up getting some salpiglosis, some Marseille basil, salpiglossis, snail vine, cardinal climber, a "Hillbilly" and Reisentraube tomato, and -- you guessed it -- no scarlet runner beans. They were all gone by 9:30.

Still, great sale. Plants were all big and healthy, and most were about $3. Not cheap, but for varieties you seldom see, it was worth it.

Most amazingly -- I've got them all planted already!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here