Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indianaplantlover

Here is the date and time of Lou. swap

indianaplantlover
18 years ago

Finally it looks like we may have a swap for the Louisville area. How does this sound? Saturday June 3rd at 10:00 am at marciagays house. Sort of a brunch with muffins, coffee and the like. All garden related stuff welcome, plants, seeds, houseplants, magazines anything else you feel like bringing along. Friends and neighbors welcome. Please sound off. Hope this works for all. Vicci

Comments (22)

• marciagaye
    18 years ago

As people sign up I will send them my address, phone number and directions to my house. I am located about 1 mile or less from I-64 and Blankenbaker, landmarks near that people may know are.... Sam's Club, GardenRidge and SouthEast Christian Church.

• smckellep
    18 years ago

i'm in!

susan

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    18 years ago

Pencil me in...I'll have to confirm to be 'inked in' later.

Looking forward to it...and Garden Ridge too!

Sue

• MarthaLouis
    18 years ago

You can count on Me...I want to meet and swap plants, stories, seeds til the sun goes down. (Somewhere in the world it's always going down).
    Martha here in Louisville

• Lisa Hayes
    18 years ago

Count me in too! This will be my first swap, I can't wait.
    Lisa

• joyerman
    18 years ago

count me in.

• kydaylilylady
    18 years ago

Oh geez... I said in the other thread to count me in but just remembered I've already got something else going on that day. And I'd already figured out what I was going to bring to swap! If we could think about doing a swap next year in early April you can definately count me in. I've got tons of Siberian iris, monarda, sedum, coneflowers, spiderwort, lily of the valley and gooseneck loosestrife.

If you folks are interested in seeing 1000-1200 different cultivars of daylilies bloom about the end of June, first of July I'm having open gardens in the daylily field starting June 16th, Fri. thru Sun. 10-5 on Fri. 1-6 Sat.-Sun. We'd like to meet new folks and would love to have you visit.

Janet

• broodyjen
    18 years ago

Pencil me in as well. I'll be coming from Midway, KY.

• flowerchildky
    18 years ago

sounds great! count me in too

looking forward to meeting everyone..

Linda (by the airport) :))

• highlandsgardener
    18 years ago

I believe I have so many plants that you all should want and love. I'm In!
    Carol

• little_dove
    18 years ago

count me in! I would love it, I should have quite a few things by then in our garden.

• marciagaye
    18 years ago

little dove...contact me at mmtdct@bellsouth.net so I can send you some info. on the swap.

• suzsyard
    17 years ago

I am in also. Don't really know what to bring. Did well with some things WS, but lost alot due to hail and bad cheap soil.

Can't wait to see all of you....

~Suz

• marciagaye
    17 years ago

Welcome Suz...I have got you added to the list. I can give you some ideas on how to ammend the soil, and show you what we ended up with after starting with the HORRIBLE Kentucky clay soil.

• marciagaye
    17 years ago

Anyone else that wants to join us...please do. Just send me an e-mail and I will send you the info.... It will be fun !!!! Susan and her friend have already been out here...and will be back for the swap. Susan, if you are reading this...jump in and tell everyone how easy going Dwight and I are...and that it will be great !

• smckellep
    17 years ago

i think EVERYONE who reads this should come to the swap!! the more the merrier, right? and if anyone's feeling funny about going to a stranger's home to swap plants, i can certainly identify, but i assure you, there's NO reason to worry...

marcia was the first gardenwebber i met, and the first person to share plants for my newly acquired garden. i have to admit, before we got there i did feel a little weird about going to the home of total strangers & hauling off their plants, but the minute we arrived marcia & dwight made us feel completely comfortable. before we knew it our little car was positively loaded down with plants, and a bag of dwight's magic soil. marcia & dwight showed us around their LOVELY garden, dwight gave us the lowdown on how to turn crap dirt into garden gold, and they invited us to come back for another look when more was up & blooming (an offer i'll be taking them up on the day of the swap!)

another thing i was concerned about (as far as the swap goes) is that, since we're starting from scratch in our garden after a move from an apartment, i wouldn't have anything to bring! but i've been "gathering," and every time i pot up a cutting for myself, i pot one up for the swap, too...same with seeds i've started. i have some garden-related items i don't need that i'll be bringing as well, so i think i'll be in good shape. BUT, before i knew i was going to be able to come up with things to share, marcia assured me that there would be enough to go around even if i didn't bring a thing. and she's absolutley right when she says gardeners are the most generous people in the world!

so come on, everyone...let's get together!

see you there,
    susan in old louisville

• flowerchildky
    17 years ago

oh yes, I have been to a couple of swaps, and attended many garden tours with the Perinnials Plus club -
    gardeners are so generous, and love to show their gardens to folks who appreciate them :))

and I also agree, even if you don't have much (or anything) to bring-come on and visit with us anyway! I know I will have FAR more plants to give than I want to take home-

see you soon,
    Linda (by the airport)

• MarthaLouis
    17 years ago

You sure are right Linda....I have plants running over this year. Even some new ones I have never tried before. I have Datura's, and Burmansia that are about 12 to 18 inches tall already. Plumed and Wheat Celosia, Amaranthus, Cleome, Touch Me Nots, just to mention a few. I might have to bring my husbands truck. I know I can't get all of this in my little car. I will probably make up a sign that says "FREE to GOOD HOME!"

• marciagaye
    17 years ago

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. I will probably grab some of the "free to good home" for my daughter. This July it will be one year that they have been in their townhouse and she is trying to start a little garden. So far she has has no luck...and she is so disappointed. Her's is in sun, where mine is mostly shade. So far she has shown a "brown thumb"... :( I think the problem was she was over anxious, brought a few plants and planted them in the wrong spot. But, I will help her get it straightened out...LOL

• flowerchildky
    17 years ago

LOL Martha, a BIG truck is probably needed!
    This weather is crazy, isn't it? I have tons of w/s babies to seperate and get ready for the swap-
    I am glad to hear you have touch me nots- I was going to offer you more - I have about a gazillion coming up 'volunteer'- maybe I will pot some up for the 'shade folks' -they can take full sun, but the stems are watery, so they have to be watered quite a bit-

Marcia, I am sure you can help your daughter- good for her!
    How much room does she have? Hopefully, I will have some things she can use/would like-

I made a little garden photo album for 'show and tell' at the swap :))

see you soon,
    Linda

• snboyken
    17 years ago

I just found this and would love to attend if I can keep my schedule free of ball games next Saturday. I have just started landscaping my yard and do not have anything to share, I could possible bring some houseplant cuttings of the regular type plants. Is this ok? If not I can sit out this year and try to attend next year when I have some items to bring. I am new to outdoor plants other than the basic annuals so I have lots to learn.

Marcia please email me if its okay to come, and can I bring a friend that is not a garden weber?

• marciagaye
    17 years ago

Sure...everyone can come and bring anything or nothing. I will e-mail you.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living