Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What gardening magazines do you read?

Posted by lynnichols z5 OH (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 9, 07 at 19:55

I just can't get enough gardening magazines. I love sitting in our breakfast nook on Saturday and Sunday mornings reading my garden magazines. Currently I'm getting Garden Gate which I absolutely love. I've been buying Fine Gardening off the stands and decided today to finally get a subscription. Its still not enough. They only come out every other month and I read the whole magazine in one weekend. Just curious....what are the rest of you reading and what are your favorites?

Lyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What gardening magazines do you read?

I've read both mentioned mags and enjoyed both. Also have read Horticulture and enjoyed it as well.

Shannon

o

I have quit subscribing to any magazines at all. I found I was not able to let them go, after reading them. I also tore articles out of them...so now I just have a bunch of articles that I will probably never get back to.

Instead, I collect Gardening books, and have quite a nice collection. I seldom make/take the time to enjoy them, but often use a couple of my favorites for reference when planting/sowing, dividing, or propagating.

Sue

o

Boy, can I relate to never wanting to throw the magazines away! I was turning into one of those folks that just has paths through their houses due to all the junk stacked up! I finally broke down and took the magazines to my daylily meetings and put them on the door prize table. I figured that someone else might as well get some enjoyment out of them too. I've got another stack that needs to make it's way there too. Fine Gardening and the Daylily Journal are the only two I have right now.

Janet

o

I just resubscribed to Garden Gate & Horticulture. I guess I love most garden mags, but after awhile it can get expensive...and then you do have to deal with the back issues.

o

Boy, can I relate to never wanting to throw the magazines away! I was turning into one of those folks that just has paths through their houses due to all the junk stacked up!

LMAO...I can relate.

Funny story here...I got a thing in the mail where a friend's grandson was selling mags as a school fund raiser. I wanted to order 'something' but didn't want to have to deal with the mags, and the clutter, and all that is involved in trying to get them outta here once they were read and enjoyed and aged.

I ended up getting Readers Digest for DBF at his house. That way we can both enjoy it, and he can get them gone without me having the 'letting go' problem.

Sue...a packrat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here