Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamspirit_gw

Louisville Spring Plant Swap?

dreamspirit
14 years ago

Is there going to be a plant swap in Louisville this spring?

Comments (52)

• shawnann
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I am new to this, can you tell me how this swap would work?

• horsinaround
    14 years ago

I am interested in the plant swap! Please email me with a date.
    pac.mom.23@hotmail.com

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

The way it has worked in the past....we meet at my house on a Saturday morning. Everyone brings plants they want to trade or give away. They can be just about anything....plants you don't like, plants that you have divided, extras, plants you started from seed.....gardening items. Anyway....you just look at what everyone brought and take what you want (for the most part) and people will take what you brought. Does this make sense???

We usually have the swap towards the end of may or first part of June. With everything coming up so fast due to the weather, I think we need to stick to a Saturday in May.

• dreamspirit
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The only day I can't be there would be May 30th. I'm going to the Glasgow Highland Games. So please pick a different day than that. I have no plants to bring but am in great need of plants.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

I/m in! for any date other than the weekend of May 30th, as I will be out of state at nephews graduation...no way for me to move that date.

Yes, the swap is pretty well as Marcia (our wonderful hostess) described above. I'll add though that some folks bring (kind of special) things that are especially meant for trading for other (kind of special) things others have brought.
    Many actual trades or things to share are worked out ahead of time...like we can search others Member Trade Lists and then arrange to bring some things members have on their wish lists.

Please, please, please
    1-sign at least a few posts here with your first name...or else plan to go by your GW name only at the swap...it is too hard for me (and likely others) to know you by anything other than your GW name, if we don't know it before hand and address you by your given name here, at least a few times.
    Dreamspirit, I think we met, and maybe even talked at a swap, but I am not sure, as I have never related a real name to your GW name.

2-Please add an email link to your member page, so we can all reach one another easily, and not have to look for an email address posted somewhere in a thread. Instructions for setting up your email link are HERE.

3-Please list at least your wants on your Member Trade List.... I would love to bring some folks some of their wants, but can't and won't be bringing 'some' of everything I have available. If it is on your want list, I will make an good effort to bring it for you. You can update your Member Trade List via the Member Pages link found at the bottom of every GW page.

4-Don't be shy about coming if you don't have anything, or much of anything to trade. Brownies, or other goodies are always welcome.

Don't think you have much to trade? Take a look around your house...Besides plants, rhizomes, and bulbs, you might have cuttings of different shrubs or other things. Garden items, pots, planters, vases, signs, markers, SEEDS, bird feeders, bird houses, garden books, or magazines, the list is endless. One year I got rid of a dozen jelly jars I didn't need but someone else did. Rocks!...maybe have an abundance of Geodes or other cool rocks?

Sat May 23rd is Memorial weekend...it works for me. It is 3 weeks from this Sat. Too soon?

Marcia, I can search for threads from last year, and email those that responded, whether they ended up getting to come, or not. I'll point them to this thread so maybe they will check in here soon. I'll bet we can count on Linda by the airport for sure anyway.

shawnann, and horsinaround Please add email links to your Member Pages so you can easily be reached...thanks!

shawnann, horsinaround, and dreamspirit Please post at least your plant wants to your Member Trade List. Thanks!

Sue

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

How about....June 7th...that is a Sunday OR June 13, which is a Saturday????

• dreamspirit
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Either should work for me. I hope a lot of people come and bring some lovely plants, as my yard is bare. :(

I need to see if there is anything I want, but if anyone has something that attracts hummingbirds and/or butterflies, I'm for it.
    Also, if anyone has a moon flower, I would LOVE to have some seeds.

~~ Marla Jo :)

• shawnann
    14 years ago

I have updated my info, thank you for the information. I am not sure if I have much to trade. Maybe if there is time I can make some cuttings or something. I am very new to all of this. I am still trying to learn what some of the plants in my yard are and how to propagate them.

What kind of plants are too "common" that really would be of no use? Are Dafodils too common to bother with for example?
    Thanks
    Shawn Ann

• kvenkat
    14 years ago

Sounds very tempting.
    I have orange tiger lilies I could bring or are those too common?

Kim

• dreamspirit
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Do you think we will have the swap? We don't seem to be getting much of a response this year.

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

I contacted Sue, Chemocurl. I asked her to contact the others that have come in the past. I am looking at June 13th, the Saturday. We will see what response we get.
    Marcia

14 years ago

Hi Gang,

Most of you here got the email and the list of members I sent it to. There were some from 2007 and 2008 that had posted to threads but they did not have an email link on their page, so I could not send to them. I sure wish everyone would set them up so they can easily be reached.
    I emailed 3 others that weren't listed in the email, as they had their settings to just get emails via GW. Hope they got them....and Broodyjen's email came back to me..postmaster failure...she must have an old one listed with GW or something.

Anyway...I'm good for Saturday June 13th, and hopefully several of the ones I emailed will be dropping by here.

What kind of plants are too "common" that really would be of no use? Are Dafodils too common to bother with for example?
    I think common stuff varies from year to year. What might be pretty common one year, and not be grabbed up, will be grabbed up right away the next year....and NO, Daffodils are not too common. I would love some to use for naturalizing, and imagine others might also.

I have orange tiger lilies I could bring or are those too common?
    Not too common in my opinion...these are the ones with the black speckles on them? If so, I could use a few.

shawnann, and horsinaround you still don't have email links on your member pages so you can easily be reached.

Sue

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

Thanks Sue....is 10:00 too early for this? I think that is what we have done in the past.

14 years ago

I think 10AM is what we have chosen in the past, and it is the 'best' time to start, since some of us will have a bit if a drive to get there.

Hope folks reply to their emails here, and update their wish lists, and someone signs up to bring brownies!

I wonder if Kilngod (Tina) will get to come and bring a kazillion of her winter sown babes along with that hunky hubby of hers. Hope so!

Sue

• alanrocks
    14 years ago

I might be able to make it. Where? I am taking a bunch of plants to work (Falls of the Ohio) to plant on Friday, so I don't know what I will have in June. Currently I've got a lot in 4" and 1 gallon pots. At a minimum I will have two types of blue stars - Amsonia tabernaemontana and Amsonia hubrichtii, native columbine, a pink columbine, purple coneflower and yellow coneflower. I'm thinking my tall yellow coneflower may be too large to dig up at this late date and I gave away my potted plants to other park naturalists last week. I might be able to pot up some Malva sylvestris growing in my dry creek bed garden. I've got some odds and ends I could dig up and bring in 1 gallon containers depending on how motivated I am.

• kate151
    14 years ago

I should be able to make it on June 13th. I can't wait; last year's swap was so fun! So far I'm planning on bringing:

brownies :)
    black-eyed susans
    ivy
    lemon balm
    mint
    oregano
    peppermint
    1 prickly pear pad
    purple coneflower
    scarlet bee balm
    sedum spectabile
    various seeds
    wandering Jew

Here is a link that might be useful: My Member Page

14 years ago

Whoo-Hoo!

Now we're getting some interest drummed up!

Alan, I do so hope you can make it...I'm most interested in one of the Amsonias. I have one (not sure which one at the moment) but would like the one I don't have. Please see my list for anything you might be interested in. I can still find the Trillium Recurvatum and a few Jacks probably if you are interested.

Kate...so glad you are planning to come....and bringing brownies! I would love a scarlet bee balm...Please see my list for things of interest...Maybe we need a thread on the other side (or I do anyway) for things I can bring for others.

I also got an email from jennyfoo (Jenny) who was at the 2008 swap. I asked her to come post here, but see she has not made it yet. Anywho, in her email she said, "I'm excited and bringing a friend AND some form of Pampered Chef brownies!!

Whoo-Hoo!...more brownies.

Our attendee list is growing. Marcia, do you think one can assume that the date will be June 13th at 10 AM?

Sue

• platy
    14 years ago

I might accidentally get to come. It all depends on if my friend is working that particular Saturday. I've got my fingers crossed and am working on a list though! If I get to come, I'll likely drag my mother along as well.

Hoping,

Stacey

14 years ago

Great Platy/Stacey!

I hope you and your Mom can make it. The more the merrier and I look forward to seeing your list. Look mine over please when you get a chance and let me know what might interest you that I could bring.

Sue

• alanrocks
    14 years ago

What's the plan for directions? E-mail Marcia directly? I would love to get some Recurved Trillium for my wildflower garden. I have access to a 40 acre woodland that will be cleared for the expansion of a limestone quarry. I've been diversifying my wildflower beds with ferns and wildflowers from that site. Yellow Star Grass was new to me!

In addition to the flowers mentioned on 5/20, I will have some a limited number of purple Siberian iris, Virginia spiderwort, Linaria 'Canon J Went,' Gooseneck loosestrife, Campanula punctata 'Cherry Bells,' and Yugoslav Hibiscus. If anyone wants Blue-eyed Grass let me know and I'll dig up some small plants - I've got plenty. I've also got a groundcover version of something that is similar to hawkweed. It was sent to me as Indian Paintbrush, but it isn't what I thought it would be. It has pretty yellow flowers.

Want me to invite Bob Hill? (He may be too busy to come...) I may visit Hidden Hill Nursery next weekend. Bob and I do a lot of plant trading. He's interviewed me twice on the radio program that he does with Janeen Wiche.

• platy
    14 years ago

I have a tentative list which I'm still working on, just in from the garden for a quick lunch. I still have hostas, heucheras and peonies to list specifically. If I don't get to it and you're interested in them, ask me about them and I'll get you a list. I'll try and get it all typed up tonight though.

Still hoping I get to come,
    Stacey

• shawnann
    14 years ago

I did get the email so my link must be working....
    I am considering coming. Where or approximately where is the location so I know how far I am thinking about?

Here is a link that might be useful: My garden

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

10:00 a.m. on Saturday the 13th....my house. If you need directions contact me at Marciagaye@yahoo.com I check that e-mail the most.
    Sue...looks like you will get your brownies...LOL

• kilngod
    14 years ago

Hey All!
    I will be there, with my beau in tow! (And he can't help but bring food ya' know....He's gonna blush with those comments of yours, Sue. lol!)

I've done a preliminary update of my Have Plants and Want Plants list, will add to shortly after I take WS container inventory again. Yes, did a ton of wintersowing, but less than last year (only 350 things...ha!) and have lost a lot to the over-raining, as well as the resulting danged slugs, as of late....half at least. Ugh.

I very much look forward to the trading and gabbing at the swap! Yippee!!

Those of you who traded for Yellow Dianthus Knappi last year -- some of that jug was indeed yellow, but not the whole thing. I only have a small portion that is just now blooming yellow. (I'll be separating it later, to save seeds and be able to divide and trade in the future.) I'd love to know if your chunk of that jug bloomed yellow, or multi-pinks.....? Do tell.

Can't wait :) -Tina

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

Anyone want any small Rose of Sharon???? Let me know, otherwise they are out of the yard.

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

Sue...Have you heard from Linda by the airport or anyone else? I have gotten confused...how many are coming? Alan e-mailed me and he thinks he has another commitment.

14 years ago

Sue...Have you heard from Linda by the airport or anyone else?
    Yes, I have and asked that she post here, but see she hasn't, or at least hasn't yet. She plans to come and will have several 'volunteer' plants to bring and will update her list. She plans to invite her mom (YAY) and also bring a friend she has met through the local Perennial Plus group.

I heard from Broodyjen (Jen) and it is with much regret that I must report she will not be getting to make it this year.

Sorry to hear Alan(rocks) maybe won't be making it. Guess I'd best check with him for sure before digging anything specifically for him.

I'll do a recap here later of those who will likely attend and bug those who don't have email links on their member page, or wish lists posted.

Whoo-Hoo! Kilngod (Tina) will be there with beau in tow...who can't help but bring food...YEE HAH!...oh...and my Dianthus just recently started blooming and it is yellow!

Sue...ringleader.

• flowerchildky
    14 years ago

Hello everyone!
    oh yes, count me in! I have such a good time visiting with all of you...
    I will work on my exchange list, but I really don't need a thing- my full time job sure gets in the way of my FUN! LOL
    One more winter and one more summer to work, and then I am done! YAY!

the lists sound good- we always have such a great variety.
    I hope to have garden balsam (touch me nots) celosia (cockscomb) and melampodium volunteers to bring- these are all workhorses in the garden- if you like lots of volunteers! haha

anybody want Hosta? I have lots that are now in the sun (lost a BIG tree)so I can ask my son to dig some for me if there is interest.

I have wintersown some tomato and pepper plants, so I may have leftovers of those to bring.

have we heard from Nancy Graham in Bowling Green?
    sorry Jen can't make it-

I will be bringing my new garden friend, Bonnie
    I invited my Mom (MeMa) too- if the weather looks good, I think she will come along.

well, got to get ready for work
    can you believe they have gardenweb blocked on my work computer? now, that's a bummer! tee hee

see you soon,
    ((hugs))
    Linda (by the airport)

• kimmyroses
    14 years ago

My mother and I are readers of the forum, not frequent posters. But we'd love to attend. I'm still working on my members page so bare with me, but i'll email the hostess.

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

O.K. It looks like things are picking up. If anyone needs directions, just email me and let me know where you are coming from and I will send directions. SUE....pack your truck the night before, so you aren't so late...we will eat all the brownies...LOL :)

• flowerchildky
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!
    how 'bout the weather this weekend? WOW!

I have been working outside trying to get caught up on all my weeding etc.- I have been behind, what with so much rain this spring- my garden work hours are kind of limited-

I will start taking up my little volunteer plants right away so they can settle in before Sat. and I can be sure they survived the transplant.

I have been looking over some of the wants lists-

Kate151, I have dragon's blood sedum, lamb's ear, some other sedums
    I will trade you for an oregano

Platy -Stacey
    I have hosta- several varieties (only 2 are named though)*
    I can dig you some peony -Sarah Bernhardt is the only named one I can remember-*I will have some garden balsam which does very well in shade-*I have a blue stars bush that I wouldn't mind getting rid of, but it's so big, I don't think I can get it out -I can save seed for you -it's winter sown, so I know you can grow it from seed *if you want purple perilla I can bring some (it reseeds!)*
    I would love to have your lilac "Miss Kim" if you don't have it promised

I also would love to trade someone for some BIG pots- 5 gallon size or bigger- I am experimenting with growing tomatoes and peppers in pots :))

this is going to be fun!
    have a great day
    Linda (by the airport)

• kilngod
    14 years ago

Ok All!

I've got (at least) these things for these folks:

flowerchildky / Linda--
    Sm red daylily (noid)
    yellow iris bearded
    Yellow iris swamp/louisianna
    small sedums
    (I would love your melampodium -- mine didn't come up!?!?!)
    (I will adopt any hostas that go unclaimed)

marciagaye--
    Shade things: golden jubilee agastache + others....

Sue / chemocurl --
    lingonberry, if you're interested
    ***the chinese lilac has not sprouted yet. If it still doesn't (in time, and hoping it at least does later), I'll grow it out and bring for next year.
    (I would love your Trillium Recurvatum-Burgandy if you have enough)

kate / kate151 --
    sedum - lg cuttings and small types too
    lamb's ear
    Valerian (medicinal), if you'd like
    Rough comfrey (medicinal), if you'd like

**I will adopt any unclaimed hostas, daffs, or small (I repeat small) flowering shrubs that go unclaimed as I have spacious homes for these outside of my own garden.

I'm updating my haves list now with some wintersown things....take a look and let me know. Will update my wants tonight or tomorrow morning - have a few things that just refused to sprout for me....

--Tina / kilngod

Here is a link that might be useful: My trade list

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

I have started digging. I did divide that dark leafed coral bell....So I have about 8 of those. Also some white astible dug. I will have some of the Thalia bulbs again. Also plan to dig some toad lily to share. Also remember if you see something in my garden that you want we can dig it at the swap.

• kilngod
    14 years ago

Will also have for Alanrocks if he comes:

Native plants (eastern U.S. things)
    Iris - Autumn-blooming, a re-bloomer (small 2nd year from seed)
    Gentiana (maybe tiny WS babies)
    rock garden - creeping sedums
    Scabiosa black (seeds at least, maybe WS babies)
    (....would love any of these:
    Sisyrinchium angustifolium (Blue-eye Grass)
    Kniphofia alcazar (Red Hot Poker)
    Kniphofia uvara (Red Hot Poker)
    Campanula punctata (Chinese Rampion, 'Cherry Bells')
    Ceratostigma plumbagoides (Leadwort)
    ......)

And for Stacey/platy if she comes (and if she doesn't, other folks will get the plants I potted for her):

Asclepias incarnata 'Ice Ballet' (WS)
    Hosta - Halcyon (small division)
    Gymnocladus dioicus - Kentucky Coffeetree Seeds
    agastache "golden jubilee"
    Golden-leaved Feverfew
    Purple Shiso
    Col. Green Apples
    Col. Lemon Ice
    Amsonia tabernaemontana cuttings
    Astilbe chinensis pumila (dwarf)
    heuchera "june bride"
    (.........and I put in an email request to her for any of these:
    heucheras
    Wild Ginger - Asarum canadense
    Polygonatum odoratum var. thunbergii 'Variegatum'
    Variegated Solomon's Seal
    Astilbe - Peach Blossom
    Arisaema dracontium - Green Dragon
    Tiarella 'Running Tapestry'
    Tradescantia x andersoniana 'Red Cloud' (spiderwort)
    Acontium x bicolor 'Bressingham Spire' - Monkshood
    Tricyrtis 'Gilt Edge' - Variegated Toad Lily
    Trillium sessile - Toadshade
    Epimedium grandiflorum - Yellow - Barronwort or Fairy Wings .....)

I also plan to bring a bunch of things beyond these listed above -- for whomever may want them, may even be duplicates of these above if I can get 2 or more carved off -- so if you can't get in touch, no worries, there will be lots of plants to "shop".

--Tina / kilngod

• platy
    14 years ago

I'm fairly certain I'm going to get to come along with my mother and a friend. I'm working on my list of what I'm supposed to be bringing so I don't forget anything.

In case anybody is interested I'm going to be seriously thinning the Tradescantia x andersoniana 'Red Cloud', Physostegia virginiana (Obedient Plant) and some lovely cherry tomatoes that volunteer prolifically.

Stacey

• msprettyky
    14 years ago

I would love to attend! I dont have much available to trade at the time but am willing to bring along what I do have. I am gonna try to rearrange my schedule so I can come. I have traded with several people and am excited to meet everyone. I know I have some tb iris in lavender and some common hens and chicks but I think that is about it right now. Wish I had seen the thread earlier so I could have tried to root some clippings! I will also bring along some goodies if I can come!

• dreamspirit
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow. I'm so excited to come Saturday. I have to get my daughter's dance team set up at their car wash and I'll head over there.

Like I said, I have nothing to trade, since I moved last summer and all my stuff died before I could get it in the ground. :(

But I am in desparate need of things to make my yard look pretty. I made a tipsy pot out in front of my house last weekend with some inexpensive plants from Lowe's. I love it. Now I want to put one out back. LOL

See you all on Saturday.

And Marcia, thank you for hosting again.
    Will you have any seeds from your loofahs?

~~ Marla Jo ~~

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

Marla Jo...yes I do think I have some seeds...probably a lot. LOL...come one come all. Anyone can call me at 245-1015 for directions or google it.
    404 Bruner Hill, make sure you use the zip code 40243. If you don't use the zip then you might get sent somewhere else. That has happened before...LOL :) Bruner Hill is right off of Watterson Trail in the Middletown area.....

Don't worry about having little to trade....we all share and end begging people to take plants home.

14 years ago

Ok, here is a quick rundown of potential/probable attendees.

Dreamspirit/Marla JoNo wish list on trade page
    Marciagaye/MarciaOur lovely hostess-Trade Page
    Shawnann/Shawn Ann Trade Page-No Member Page email link.
    horsinaround-Real name?No wish list on Trade Page No Member Page email link...but posted above that it is pac.mom.23@hotmail.
    Chemocurl/Sue Trade Page
    kvenkat/KimNo Member Page wish list No Member Page email link.
    Alanrocks/Alan-might not be making itTrade Page
    Kate151/Kate-Trade Page
    Platy/StaceyTrade Page
    Kilngod/Tina Trade Page
    flowerchildky/Lindaby the airport and friend Bonnie and maybe Mom (MeMa) Trade page
    Kimmyroses/Kimmy(?) and Mother Trade Page
    msprettyky/real name? Trade Page
    And Jennyfoo/Jenny who emailed me privately without posting hereTrade List

Well that is a pretty good sized list of potential attendees. I sure hope everyone can make it.

Those will little or nothing to bring, please do not be concerned. Bring whatever you can, if you have anything, but most importantly come join the fun and take home some plants that will be needing homes.

Cuttings are welcome...just stick them in a tall plastic glass of water, or a bucket of some sort. We can then wrap then in some most newspaper for their trip home.
    Don't forget to bring any seeds you have available for sharing.

Marla Jo, Is it the moonflower (Datura) plant you were wanting as opposed to the moonflower vine? I will probably be bringing some moonflower plants like pictured below. They get huge, and the flowers open at night and are so fragrant. Anyone want me to put their name on a pot of them?

{{gwi:71736}}

Tina Would love the Ligonberry....and also a start of Mahonia, if it is convenient and not too much trouble...also 1 or 2 or any of the tomato varieties...and maybe other surprises you might need to pawn off....please
    I will plan to bring you some Trillium Recurvatum, among other things.

Platy/Stacey I would love a cherry plant or two....please

Linda Would love a couple pepper plants...please

Tomorrow I will be spending much of the day, checking all the wish lists and digging and trying to fulfill as many specific wants as I can along with some misc items for those that don't have wish lists posted. I'd like to have at least a goodie or two for everyone.

Marcia Might you have any sticky name tags like we have had in past years. I feel fortunate that I will already know several attending, but there will be some newbies and we will all
    be strangers to them, other than out member names here.

Jennyfoo will plan to bring you a hardy hibiscus you wanted (not Rose of Sharon)...for your purple columbine seeds...or maybe baby plants.

I'll plan to bring some cold beverages iced down....to go with the brownies.

ok...This Sat at 10 AM
    404 Bruner Hill
    Louisville 40243

Telephone 245-1015 Marcia, What is the area code with that number for those of us out of the area?

That's it...stick a fork in me cause I'm done.

Sue...headin to bed

14 years ago

Alert...I messed up and put the wrong link behind Platy/Stacey's name above

The correct link for Platy/Stacey (is) Trade Page

See link below for what happened before I could get to bed last night.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Late night surprise...sigh

• kilngod
    14 years ago

Yea, Everybody! Isn't this fun?!!!!

If anyone has any other specific requests from my have list -- get them posted today by 3pm if possible so I'll be sure to bring wnough and will put your name on 'em.

I will likely get to all the things posted on my list, but some maybe only 1 or 2, and like to have enough for all if there is a special demand for them. I'm bringing a bunch of Verbascum (6 pots - white and/or yellow, is mixed) because I have plenty, AND I'm seeing HONEYBEES on them, and them only. (God save the QueenBees!)

...hee hee hee....I dug in the rain most of the day yesterday. That was pretty funny (as well as quite messy).

--Tina / kilngod

• flowerchildky
    14 years ago

Hello all,
    this all sounds really good!

I have several plants taken up, and hope to do some more this afternoon when I get off work- I have not been able to dig Hosta yet, but if the weather will hold, I can get some this evening.

I have to work tomorrow 7AM-10AM, and then I will be headed to the swap. So, save me a brownie or two! hahahaha

looking forward to seeing all of you again-
    and making new garden friends too!

see you tomorrow!
    Linda

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

I will have the name tags.....
    I think i would like to try the Moonflower plant. Does it need sun? You know I have so little of that by the patio.
    Don't count on my grass being cut with the rain we have had. I hope to get out and weed some today while trying to dig more plants.
    In case others haven't figured it out yet...SUE goes crazy over brownies :)

14 years ago

I will have the name tags
    Wonderful!

I think i would like to try the Moonflower plant. Does it need sun?
    I'm not sure, but imagine it would need at least a little sun, in order to get some blooms....You could try it anyway and see. I don't think it is supposed to be hardy here, but mine returns each year as it is in a micro climate on the south side of the house against the brick wall....plus it reseeds a lot if one is not careful to get it deadheaded or the spiney balls cut off before they dry and split open
    Might you be having some Thalia Daffodils dug and available this year. I promise to take all that 'might' be left over after everyone has gotten what they want/need.

Who was it that had Cameleon plant last year? I could use a little more, as my little plants did not spread at all, yet, and seem to be just barely hanging on.

Don't count on my grass being cut with the rain we have had.
    Not to worry...boy I understand how that is. If it isn't raining, it is still overcast and still really wet.

In case others haven't figured it out yet...SUE goes crazy over brownies :)
    You got that right Sherlock!

So, save me a brownie or two! hahahaha
    Maybe it would be best if Marcia put you a couple up inside, first thing. I'll miss you being set up in 'your' usual' corner, but we'll squeeze you in I'm sure somewhere.

Marcia, how about trying to keep your driveway open for folks to just do their unloading. Anyone who has to park very far away, might have to make several trips to offload what they bring...Whatcha think?
    Then as people are starting to leave, they can pull in the drive to load up too.

I look forward to 'social' hour after the plant swapping is done, and the crowd thins a bit, and the seed boxes are leisurely gone through Maybe more folks will get to stay a bit longer and get to visit more this year...after the plant flurry' passes.

Sue...bossy ringleader...gettin all excited

• marciagaye
    14 years ago

Driveway will be clear for cars to unload. Dwight and I will move ours. I do have Thalia...don't worry.

P.S. Sue the bathroom is clean....lol !!!!!

• shawnann
    14 years ago

I will not be making it. My kids and I have been sick this week. Maybe next time!
    Happy plant trading!
    My Garden Blog

• jennyfoo
    14 years ago

I will have mostly seeds and brownies!!

Sue I would LOVE a datura!

14 years ago

Whew!

• kilngod
    14 years ago

Word on that, yo.

:)

• kimmysmom
    14 years ago

Whoo, thanks everyone for a great time at the swap! Kimmy, myself and my mom have lots of new things to plant, and I'm looking at what I can bring next time. It was great to put faces to the names :)

Robin

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!