Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wisteria looking poorly

Posted by pbillc z6SwIndiana (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 07 at 22:00

My wisteria was in full bloom before winter made a return visit to Evansville IN and the rest of the midwest a couple of weeks ago. I did not cover the tree, it was too large and not logically possible (I was out of town during the cold spell). Now the blooms have all dried and look pitiful on the vines. Our local paper said to wait two weeks before doing anything drastic, but I was wondering if I should trim or leave alone? Per an article I read in GardenGate, I trimmed the tree in late February and it bloomed better than ever. It is about five years old, and this was the best show of blooms yet. I was hoping to get a second round of blooms but not sure what to do (if anything) at this moment.
Thank you in advance for your kind response.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wisteria looking poorly

All the spring ornamentals were just gorgeous here before the freeze weren't they? I just read that wisteria needs to be pruned after it blooms anyway. I doubt you would get a second bloom under any circumstances. Think I would wait a little while & then prune back as usual.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here