Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kygirl99

Where is the best place to buy daylilies in Louisville/Frankfort

kygirl99
16 years ago

Where is the best place to buy a wide variety of daylilies at a good price in the Louisville to Frankfort area of Kentucky? We want to plant a lot of daylilies and wanted to buy them at a reasonable price. We were at a nursery last year and they wanted upward of $20 plus per daylily, which seemed high.

thanks!

Comments (11)

• marciagaye
    16 years ago

Which ones are you looking for? I may have them....

• kygirl99
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Marcia - I'm open to just about any of them. We'd like a mix of colors. We'll be putting them in an area at the base of our driveway where there are several Locust trees and it gets shade sometimes, etc, but would look pretty with flowers that require low maintenance, like daylilies. We live on five acres, so we try to keep the maintenance lower on things far from the house but we do love the idea of a splash of color near the road.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

I bought some nice ones from Quarles Daylilies at Waddy, KY near you I think.

Here is a link to My Review on them at the Rate and Review Vendors Forum here at GW. It includes the link to their site also.

I plan on being a repeat buyer this season.

Sue

• marciagaye
    16 years ago

If you want...you can come over to my house and we can dig some for you. I am in the east end of Louisville.

• kygirl99
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks, everyone! the offers of daylilies are sooooo generous but I'll feel more comfortable attending the swap next year when I actually have some things to share! we moved into our new house this time last year, but by the time we settled in, the drought hit and we didn't get anything really planted other than our garden. but next year...I'll be there!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Oh kygirl...why not come and join in the fun this season, and meet several of the more local GWers at the swap? The more, the merrier...and I'm sure you will go home with some goodies. I have some things to just 'share' as well as for trading....so long as I know what folks would like for me to bring them.

If you don't feel you have anything of value to contribute, there are plenty of other 'useful' gardening things that gardeners welcome receiving.
    Here is a brief list of some thing that were brought in past years that were not plants, bulbs, rhizomes, cuttings, etc....I copied it from another post...

I might add here too that though some of the newer gardeners may not have much to bring to trade/share, that there are always other things welcome for swapping/bringing to contribute in some way.

Brownies!
    Flower pots of all kinds/hanging baskets.
    Seed stashes
    Seed Baggies
    Garden junk
    Garden Art/Signs
    Plants, bulbs, cuttings, of course
    Winter sown babies
    Bird Houses
    Bird feeders
    Garden books/others
    And I even passed off a dozen extra jelly jars I had taking up room that I would never use. The ideas are endless.

Additionally, in walking around your property, you may even notice things that you could bring cuttings of....like shrubs or something.

Think about it...please

Sue...swap ringleader

• marciagaye
    16 years ago

Please come....we will load you up with plants. We always have so much to share and have to beg someone to take them.
    As Sue said....anything you bring will be appreciated. I always have coffee for everyone....how about brownies or donuts to go with the coffee??? PLEASE COME !!!!! It is at my house.

• flowerchildky
    16 years ago

I will add my 'please come' to Sue and Marcia
    I always bring things to share- I don't need near as much to go home with me

We have so much fun -chatting about gardens and flowers, problems and successes- Marcia has a wonderful garden to tour- it's so nice to put names with faces

I can bring you some daylilies- I really need to thin them anyway

*have we twisted your arm enough yet?* (grin)
    Linda by the airport

• jennyfoo
    15 years ago

I have pretty orange daylilies to share and this will be my first swap too! So please come! Jennifer

• kygirl99
    Original Author
    15 years ago

you guys are so nice! okay, I will come and look very forward to it! I can make brownies. Those, I can do! :)