Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dark Purple Lilacs????

Posted by michigoose Z5OH (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 30, 07 at 22:59

when I was growing up in south central Michigan, we had these wonderful DARK purple lilacs...along with the lighter "blue" or "lavendar", redish violet, white and pink. I've never seen these offered in nurseries, although every single old farm house I lived in in MI ALWAYS had them. I only saw one in CT.

I've been looking and every time I buy one which says "Dark purple" or Dark violet...it has been a great disappointment.

Does anyone have any suckers of this kind, or can point me to who might have any? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dark Purple Lilacs????

Hello I have a double dark purple that I can get suckers from. If you want to try it. Susan

o

I'd love to! Email is on the way.

o

May I get a start too? I can trade also. I have double white, double sky blue and a triple flowered something that is hard to describe, but it gives the appearance of being tri-colored... (lav, soft soft whitish/pink and white, in each floret). Thank you very much.

o

Hi

I would love to get a shoot for my mom. She loves this color and can't find them anywhere. I could pay you for it. I don't have anything to trade.

Thanks

o

I am looking for a ver, very dark purple lilac. Can onyone tell me where to buy one???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here