Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

June 7th-2008 Louisville Plant Swap-Save the Date!

The date has been chosen. It is being held on Sat, June 7th, starting at 10AM an the residence of our wonderful hostess marciagaye

Come one, come all! Get those Member Trade lists filled out and/or updated!...just click on the Member Pages link at the bottom of any page to update your lists.

Add your suggestions, questions, and particulars below.

I have started a thread on the trade side seeking some prearranged trades or sharing of the abundance. wanted: 2008 Louisville, Ky plant swap-prearranged trades/shares Feel free to add to it, or start an individual one for yourself.

Sue...(a ringleader of this shindig)

Comments (38)

• flowerchildky
    15 years ago

Hi there everyone!
    it's been a long winter- I have gotten away from GW- didn't mean to- just life got in the way a tad :)

I am planning to attend- I can dig lots of plants to share-
    I will post in a few days after I take a better inventory-

I hope folks will post lots of wants- It's good to have an idea of what is wanted/needed- that being said, I don't know what I want/need! LOL My little city cottage garden is stuffed :) I have so many plants from winter sowing and great traders

talk to you soon,
    Linda by the airport

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So glad to see you post Linda (by the airport) and glad you are planning to come. You always have neat things, and lots of little goodies I want/need/appreciate. Yes, get that have and want list up...and check mine too while you are at it. My Have to trade list needs some updating, and my want list is never complete of everything that is wanted/needed.
    Woohoo! Just like old times...

If you see anything of interest on my list, I have a trade thread started on the'Trade side of the Forum here.

Sue...off to email you now.

• Nancy
    15 years ago

Looks like I'll be able to make it! Whooowhooo!

Original Author
    15 years ago

Double Whooowhooo that ngraham is going to make it. We already have a huge prearranged trade a going on. Gotta make it worth her while for what is spent in gas money.

come on gang...lets get some trades a going...and get all those have and want lists filled out on member pages. Some things I have tons of to just share...no trade necessary, but I won't be bringing much of it if I am clueless if anyone will want it once I dig, pot and bring it. I wanna fill some specific wants for some folks!

Sue

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

It looks like we will be having about 14 people or so.......well, that is so far. I am still going over some of the lists and hopefully will start potting up some plants soon...this weather has been crazy !!! Of course we can dig in my garden if someone sees something they want that day.

Original Author
    15 years ago

Hmmm...Marcia, I got to wondering just who all the 14 or so are, so looked up all those who replied ( so far)to the different threads and have complied a lit of member names, real names, and a few other things that are good to know.

The date in front is the most recent date they posted. They have email addy links on their pages and have Member Trade Pages.
    5/11-Marciagaye-our wonderful hostess Marcia
    5/12-chemocurl-head ringleader-Sue
    5/11-penelope-Penny
    5/5-kilngod-Tina
    5/5-kate151-Kate
    5/5-nana8-Marge
    4/30-nance-Nancy
    4/25-jennyfoo-Jennifer
    4/14-broodyjenJen
    3/31-kyplantjunkie-Robin
    4/23-ngraham-Nancy
    5/9-flowerchildky-Linda(by the airport)
    4/29-michele1958-Michele

Additionally some folks either have no lists (not even wish lists...sigh) or no email addy link on their member pages
    5/12-dreamspirit-Marla Jo no wish list...surely there is something you are wishing for!
    5/9-maryisadaisy-Maryno email link and has plants she is bringing listed in the 2008 Louisville, KY plant swap thread
    5-6-huntermom-Edie-email addy link on Member Page, but is listed in a post in the 2008 Louisville, KY plant swap thread
    5/3-kygirl99-no email addy link-no wish list
    4-21-jules127-no wish list

Did I miss anyone who has posted an interest in joining us?

Additionally we are missing some who have joined us in the past. Please know you are missed and welcome, as the more the merrier.

Other folks who have attended in the past, but who have not reported in yet are
    07-wishfulthinking
    06-indianaplantlover-Vicci
    06-marthalouis-Martha
    06-love2weed-Lisa
    06-joyerman-John
    06-elaine428-Elaine
    06-smckellep-Susan
    I know there are others too I just did not see posted in the threads I checked.

Below is a list of other things one can bring to swap/share besides the usual plants, bulbs, seedlings, winter sown babies.
    cuttings-(shrubs and many perennials start well from cuttings)
    Brownies!
    Flower pots of all kinds/hanging baskets.
    Seed stashes
    Seed Baggies
    Garden junk
    Garden Art/Signs
    Chimes
    Bird Houses
    Bird feeders
    Garden books/others
    tools, gloves, kneelers that you might not use, but that others might welcome.
    The list is endless

Anyone needing to update their email link or post their lists on their member Trade Page can do so via the Member Pages link at the bottom of any page here. Feel free to email me if you have any problems with it.

Sue...head ringleader

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

I e-mailed everyone from last year and let them know we were doing this again.....so I don't know what to say, except they will miss some good fun !!!!
    A few more names
    Jane D...she was the one who arrived late last year and left her chair at my house.
    Kay....radha47
    Sharon...sharonramick12345
    Vickie G ....

That is all I have...I think....

• kellygmann
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I have just moved to the Highlands area of Louisville from Georgia and would love to come to the swap if that is possible. I am fairly new to gardening and looking forward to moist soil instead of hard, dry clay!! Not sure what I have to trade as I am still trying to figure out what all I have in the yard - would love to get some ideas about what grows well here. Also, does anyone know of good nurseries in this area - I've only seen Frank Otte so far...
    Thanks in advance for any response, not sure what I can round up for trade, a couple of deck rail planters w/ coco liners and I have a McClane reel mower if anyone needs that!

• Lisa Hayes
    15 years ago

I haven't been to the forums for a long time and I am so glad to see I haven't missed the swap. I couldn't make last years, but it looks like I can make this one. Count me in.
    Lisa

• kate151
    15 years ago

Hello kellygmann, welcome to Garden Web! I would be interested in the reel mower unless someone else has already expressed interest. I sent you an email, too. :)

• flowerchildky
    15 years ago

Hi Kelly and Lisa! so glad you posted here and are coming to the swap- we are going to have a great group -

I plan to bring lots of plants to share- and some seeds too, along with some information on winter sowing which I LOVE!

see you soon
    Linda by the airport

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

I have e-mailed the newer posters asking them to e-mail me so I can send them addy, phone number, etc.

• dreamspirit
    15 years ago

Marla Jo doesn't have a wish list because she doesn't have much in her garden, so she is open for anything. :)

I'm moving and I plan on taking pictures of the new yard so I can get some advice. I need help. LOL

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

We will give Marla Jo lots to take home! I am sure we can plan our your whole garden from pictures...LOL Or at least give you a good start. Can't wait to see everyone and everything.

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

Who was it that wanted a Redbud tree?

• huntermom
    15 years ago

Please email me directions edie_hunter_979@msn.com
    Have some marble "samples" that make great plant markers to trade, bird house gourdes (needs scrubbing) some seeds, if time I'll bring plants. Lookin' forward to it :)

• kate151
    15 years ago

Marciagaye, I put a redbud tree on my want list, not sure if I'm the one you're looking for, though, because I didn't mention it in any forum. :)

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

I knew I saw it on somebody's list. I have one. It is about 3 ft tall.....My husband said he would dig it up.

• nance
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Just a note to see if anyone has any plants to go into my pond. I am not choosey since my fish won't let my lilies grow. I need shade for my green pond. Yes I already changed the water.
    Nancy from Valley Station
    PS I have Glory Vine.Nice vine

• Nancy
    15 years ago

I was planning on bringing some parrots feather if you are interested in that for your pond, Nancy.

• nance
    15 years ago

Hi Nancy,
    Yes, that would be great. I would like the parrot feathers. Looking foward seeing everyone.
    Nancy from valley station

• dreamspirit
    15 years ago

Cool. I'm bringing photos, paper and pencil. :)
    Any help and/or advice is greatly welcome.

Marla Jo

Original Author
    15 years ago

Marcia...member gotdirt/Brenda emailed me wanting to come and bring a friend, and had a few questions I hopefully answered all right. She has hostas, irises, and daylilies to bring.

She has no member email link, so I told her how to get it set up, and suggested she post here, and email you for directions...did I see them somewhere on another thread maybe?

hmmm...come to think of it...I need them, if you will either post here, or email me...please.

So, how many do you think are 'for sure' coming? I know some folks posted early on about coming, but I haven't seen them post recently...maybe they have been in touch with you.

Boy, I have to get busy potting up (or bagging up) all the prearranged stuff...and then hopefully will have time to dig additional goodies for sharing, or trading.

Time is running out...sigh. Some folks still do not have 'wish lists' posted to their Member Trade Page. I'd love to be able to fill a wish for everyone planning to attend.

Sue

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

I got the e-mail from Brenda. I will send her directions. I will send you directions. I hope everyone has them.

• jennyfoo
    15 years ago

I am coming! I haven't been online for a bit. I had a death in the family. But I will be there and hopefully bringing a friend with a new house and yard!

Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Jennyfoo!

So sorry to hear of the loss of your loved one.

I had been wondering about you (and a few others ) because of not hearing anything from you since your initial post early on. Great to hear you will be making it! Check out my lists please (seeds and plants) and let me know if anything what might be of interest to you. Please also see the link in the original post of this thread to a thread on the exchange side. At the bottom I have listed some things that might not be on my list, that I can dig and bring if there is anyone wanting them. I'll be adding more (hopefully) as the day progresses, and as I near finishing up all the prearranged trades.

Sue

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

Kate....hubby dug the redbud tree last night, so it is ready for its new home. I also have a start of Aloe vera for you.

Original Author
    15 years ago

Who's bringing the brownies? Ya know, I'm coming especially for the brownies...and if'n I take home any plant goodies, that is a plus too
    I like brownies with nuts. I like them without nuts also. I like them chewy. I also like them cake like. You might say, I just like all brownies...if you catch my drift.

I plan to bring a cooler with water bottles on ice for members and their guests.

Sue

• marciagaye
    15 years ago

For Petes sake....somebody make Sue her brownies!!!!! Of course I will have coffee for those who want it. I drink it all day long! I'll make a pitcher of ice tea also.
    Marcia

Original Author
    15 years ago

If there are going to be about 20 folks there, we're sure going to need more than one pan of brownies...LMAO.

Sue

• kate151
    15 years ago

Thank you Marcia! Please tell your hubby thank you for me. I can't wait until Saturday. :)

• kilngod
    15 years ago

Yes, I am definitely coming. Been potting up all day, and boy it's hot out there.

Macria -- aloe vera? If'n you've got another start, I would love it.

DH (Alan) is making 2 cold dishes, might be able to get him to make brownies too. Don't want Sue having need-chocolate fits.

--Tina / kilngod

Original Author
    15 years ago

LMAO...I just emailed Tina/kilngod that I planned/hoped to make brownies tonight after I get done digging and digging, and get the Jeep all packed up....if I have any energy left at all.

Anyone else still digging? I'm been at it 2 days...which is a lot for me to stay at anything. Focus, focus, focus...get everything dug that was 'promised'...sigh.

Sue

• Lisa Hayes
    15 years ago

I've been digging, but then as usual I get sidetracked and start weeding and thinning. I did manage to get some spiderwort, garlic chives, irises, and hostas potted. I know kate151 wanted a redbud, I have several if anyone else wants one. Let me know and I'll go out early in the morning and dig it up.

• Lisa Hayes
    15 years ago

Also I forgot, I have several large size clumps of varigated lirope--can anybody use this?

• jennyfoo
    15 years ago

Love2weed, I would love a redbud!
    I 've been digging tonight too!

I'm a month behind on everything. It was my grandmother that passed away and she was my gardening buddy. I'm having a bit of a hard time so if I burst into tears tomorrow over a plant or something, I'm not crazy LOL! Jennifer

• Lisa Hayes
    15 years ago

jennyfoo--So sorry about your loss--I understand--my father was my garden buddy and I think of him everytime I'm in my vegetable garden.

Original Author
    15 years ago

Just a heads up here...I won't be there BY 10, but hopefully will be by 10:30 or 11. I am I didn't get the stuff packed together last night, so I am now boxing it and loading....and double checking the lists of promised things. I hope I don't miss anything for anyone.

Sue...chemocurl

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler