Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where are the Tidal Waves?

Posted by vmn_in_cleveland z5 NE Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, May 14, 06 at 0:02

I have been unable to find Tidal Wave petunias at any of the local (NE Ohio) nurseries. Last year, I chanced upon flats of Tidal Silver and Cherry at Bremec Greenhouse- the plants were fabulous, green 2-3 feet tall and flowered non-stop until frost.

I see waves sold in 4-6" pots everywhere but no Tidals. Has anyone found them this year??? I am particularly interested in flats and/ or plugs and would probably take the waves in flats as well. TIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where are the Tidal Waves?

I THINK I saw some at Krogers.

o

and here I was thinking you were referring to the rain....

o

They just aren't as available on the wholesale market for growers to obtain. I have had to go to seeds the last two years to even find the silver. I suspect they are a victim to the continuing desire of the consumer to go to short/compact. I find those who use the tidal series are usually the more serious gardener who sees their assets for use in filling up beds. They are a great flower as far as their performance.

o

I've never seen Tidal waves...I'll have to grow some from seed and check them out. I'm not too enamored of the regular Wave petunia....just doesn't seem as special as everyone else makes them out...What are your thoughts?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here