Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginam_oh

i love ohio!!!!

ginam_oh
19 years ago

After having to water our plants, even the drought-tolerant ones, at least weekly if not more often, I can honestly say that GOSH IT'S GREAT TO BE BACK IN THE BUCKEYE STATE!!

:-)

Everything's so green here...and flowers smell better because they've got some moisture in them...and the grass actually grows...and did I mention that everything's SO green???

This is a wonderful state.

Comments (5)

• bakemom_gw
    19 years ago

It is! I moved back after living in Pittsburgh, Youngstown, Albuquerque and finally 9 years in Oklahoma City.

I don't know how those Oklahoma/Texas gardeners do it! Hats off to them.

• cecropia
    19 years ago

It's easy to love Ohio in May,when everything is green and blooming.Getting through our depressing,cold,gray 6 month long winters is a definite challenge though!
    Having lived in Oklahoma for five years,I do appreciate the usually abundant,predictable rainfall here,not to mention the soft,"normal" grass.None of that coarse,rough Bermuda grass up here!

• ginam_oh
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I grew up here, so I'm all too familiar with the winters. But I firmly believe that the harsher the winter, the more beautiful the spring!!! All that grey, cold, wintry weather makes me more appreciative of the first little bits of green poking their little heads out to play.

Normal grass--DEFINITELY a big plus! Our grass in Texas was horrible....when it wasn't brown and dead-looking from drought.

• storygardener
    19 years ago

I lived in Ohio for 26 years. Then I lived 23 years in Michigan and I love that state too. (14,000 lakes make for alot of places to have fun). I love them both. Glad to be in Ohio (been back almost 4 years)...but, I miss Michigan.(my son and lots of good friends are there)

Now Michigan winters are REALLY winters! My neighbor is from North Dakota & we chuckle when the city (Columbus, etc) closes down after 2 inches of snow. It's all relative, I guess.

Glad you are back, Gina!

...Beverly

• MeMyselfAndI
    19 years ago

Me too, Gina! Welcome home! The 4 seasons are so beautifully represented here, even if we sometimes almost skip spring! A perfect amount of rain for gardens and lawns is 'normal' although there are the occasional dry spells. Extreme highs and lows are almost rare. The land is known world-wide for its' fertility (when it's not a housing development!) Natural wonders and beautiful scenery abound - glacial grooves, caves, waterfalls, swamps, lakes, rolling hills, flat prairies, forrests, etc... we've got just about everything! No terribly scary critters are likely to be found if camping or hiking. People are usually friendly, all over the state.

Sponsored