Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marciagaye

Update on June 2 Swap, Louisville, KY

marciagaye
16 years ago

I think we have about 15 or so people coming.....I have gotten a little confused because some people will use their real name and then the next time they will use their Gardenweb name. Well...anyway we will have a nice crowd and have fun! I do have a suggestion for those who have time for it.....mark your plants...maybe even bring a catalog for those who don't know what something looks like. My daughter got some flower last year....she said it got tall and looked "spidery' to her. Neither one of us have a clue as to what it was. If you don't have the time to mark the plants that is O.K. I will have paper, pens and tape. That way we know by the time we get home with our new babies we will remember what we got. LOL :) A lot of "senior moments" here.....

Comments (7)

• sally
    16 years ago

I was excited to see your swap listed as I will be coming to Louisville for a week. I would love to stop by and meet everyone if I arrive in town early enough. I am debating making my drive (or part of it) Friday night after work. If I do that, I might be able to stop in if you welcome "foreigners." (I graduated from Centre College of KY, and I have friends in L'ville, so I don't feel foreign. :-) I won't know for sure, though, until Friday if I have the energy to take off after work. If I can - and may - come, I'll bring a few things that are potted up. It won't be feasible for me to take any plants home with me, though, as I'll be at the Convention Center all week. I just think it would be nice to meet some of the GardenWeb folks.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sally

• wish2okc
    16 years ago

Please let me know if any of you are interested in the two pieces of Maiden Grass I have left over from some big clumps I was given. If not, I won't fool with bringing them to the swap as they are kind of big and messy to transport. Their root balls are big in proportion to the amount of green top growth. I'm glad to bring them if someone wants them. They are good starts.

• broodyjen
    16 years ago

Sally, what year did you graduate? I went to Centre for awhile, and still keep up with most of my friends from there. I'm class of 01 but most of my friends were '98-00.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Marcia,

What time does this shindig start? and I need your addy yet too.

Do you have the (blank) sticky name labels handy? I liked it last year that I could read the label name complete with member name and real name. I can only really remember a few member faces...You, Jen, Martha (who will not get to make it this year), joyerman (John), Nanc....maybe Vickie and Linda (by the airport) once I see them again.

I'm hoping there will be lots of WS babies that folks will be 'pushin' as they were last year, though there has been little mention of them on the exchange side.

Only 2 days left...Woohoo!

Sue

• marciagaye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

IF it rains we will just pop open the garge and move in there...:) I hope we get rain BEFORE saturday morning or after the swap....My grass is dying on me. I water the plants, but not the grass.

• flowerchildky
    16 years ago

Hi Marcia and all

My computer has not been available for a few days- but, here I am!
    I will be there- please send me directions again

so glad to see so many will be able to attend..

I have several winter sown babies to bring-

I have so many 'volunteers' - I wish I could take up a bunch for all of you- would anyone like to come to my house Sunday afternoon and 'dig your own'???

I have to go to a wedding Sat afternoon in Lexington, so I won't be home then.

I will be making flyers with directions for anyone who wants to come over- it will by "BYOS" bring your own soil LOL LOL I have plenty of pots, cups etc...you can just dig all you want...I have:
    amaranth "Intense Purple"
    celosia- red, dark pink, flamingo pink
    Melampodium
    Persian Spinning Primrose *a very cool plant!*
    morning glory Grandpa Otts
    and others...
    you can dig your own peony, iris and some day lily too

just let me know

see you all tomorrow!
    what FUN!
    Linda by the airport

• dreamspirit
    16 years ago

Linda,
    If you still have some plants to be dug, I would love to have some. I, for some odd reason, had it in my head that the swap was on the 9th. I didn't even check the forum last week. So, I missed it. :(

~~ Marla Jo

Sponsored