Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengal2

Springhill sale

gardengal2
18 years ago

Does anyone know when Springhill has their big sale at their store in Troy? Thanks

Comments (18)

• michigoose
    18 years ago

I thought it was in Tipp City? But I certainly am hoping I haven't missed it....

• gardengal2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oops, it is Tipp City, not Troy OH. I know the sale is in June, but I don't know when. I don't want to miss it!

• jeanner
    18 years ago

Are you talking about the catalog surplus sale?

I called and they said it would be June 24th, 25th amd 26th this year .... late compared to last year.

• gardengal2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes! Thank you for getting the dates!!

• jeanner
    18 years ago

I'm not sure if they are having the pajama preview party or not, last year it was the evening before (they were open until 10:00 p.m.) and if you wore your pj's you got 50% off any regular item. They also had some free give aways (fertilizer, books, etc)

It was pretty fun ... but pretty crowded.

I'll let you know if I hear anything else, they usually mail out a flyer.

• michigoose
    18 years ago

OH gooody! Yahoo! Yippieeeeee! I"ll be there I'lll be there!

• gillespiegardens
    18 years ago

pajama party preview??? you GOT to be kidding! lol
    sounds like fun though.. i might just go

• jeanner
    18 years ago

Yeah, it does sound kind of corny :^). But it's kinda cool to shop in pajamas, even the men were sporting their PJ's! I guess I'll have to buy some new ones though as I wouldn't dare go out in public in the rags that I wear now!

• granny57
    18 years ago

Does your sleepwear have to be pj's? What if you sleep in big tee shirts and sweats or shorts? Or What if you sleep in your Birthday suit??? LOL! LOL!(((Kidding)))!!!.
    So if the sale is for half off the nite before, What is the sale price the day of? Have you heard of the Bluestone Perennial Sale in Madison ohio? There sale is 75% off. You can get 25/30 perennial's a flat for $ 20.oo depending on the size of the holder.The plants are in cell packs and if you don't want to take the whole cell pak you can cut off what you want.The sale starts June 8/9/10th and 11th. It's a long drive, But if you think of it as a mini vacation it's well worth the trip. It's really close to Geneva on the lake and the carnival town. I have been going for the past 4 years.
    The flats are $20.00 no matter how you fill it.Big pots little cell paks whatever you put in it is $20.00.
    Take a friend with you, Makes it more fun.

• jeanner
    18 years ago

Sorry, shouldn't have been clearer on the sale .... all their mail order perennials are .99 - some are single, some are in 6 packs. They are typically in 1 1/2" pots, so they are small but I've had excellent results with them. They also sell their bags or dry root stock for .99 The 50% off is for any one item in their regular stock - it can be a bush, tree, garden ornaments, etc. Last year they were also having a sale on their 1 gallon stock of bushes, buy 2 get one free.

I didn't wear my pj's last year and I still got the 50% - I don't think they really care what you sleep in but would probably prefer you don't show up in the buff :^).

I haven't gotten the postcard yet, but I didn't get it last year either. I'll check with my gardening budds to see if they got one, I'll scan it in and post it.

• granny57
    18 years ago

Jeanner, Thank's for the up date. Sounds like a good deal and a fun time. My friend Sue and I were thinking about checking it out seeings how it isn't to far off. Maybe it will become a traditional trip every year from this year on.

• michigoose
    18 years ago

Jeaner....let's make it a date...where can I meet you with my jammies and teddybear?

• granny57
    18 years ago

Maybe we all can meet up at the sale!! Wouldn't that be a hoot??? It really sounds like it would be fun.

We could all wear name tags on our nite wear.

• jeanner
    18 years ago

Sorry this took so long, but here is a scanned version of the announcement for the Springhill sale.

{{gwi:1072330}}

• gardengal2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you very much for posting the ad. I will definately be there.

• debb28
    18 years ago

I just happened to stop by Sprinhill to buy s couple clay pots today. And I didn't know about the sale. I was so excited!!!
    Ok, so if today is the last day, what are they going to do with all the plants that they don't sell? I was there are 3:00 and there were TONS of plants. I wonder if they will extend the sale. I guess I'll have to call and find out.

• storygardener
    18 years ago

Did any of you go in your jammies?? Do tell!

• michigoose
    18 years ago

There were lots of folks there in bathrobes, slippers, jammie tops, etc...I thought and thought about it...but I couldn't bring myself to wear any of my REAL jammies, but in the summer, I often wear my oversized t-shirts....so I wore one of those, and shorts whereas if I were REALLY going to bed, I would just wear my undies and the t-shirt...TMI I'm sure. I'm still planting like a crazy woman...and Jeaner...that smooth sumac is a colonizer...maybe I should give you mine... ;)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022