Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mimosa dead from winter temps

Posted by glieb Ohio (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 14 at 16:31

I live in Columbus, OH. I believe that my three mimosas are dead as a result of the winter subzero temperatures. They were about 5 ft tall and 2 years old. Yesterday I inspected another mimosa I had seen about 10 miles away and it too showed no signs of life. Is there anyone in Ohio who has seen their mimosas showing signs of coming to life? Perhaps they are just very late, but I have scratched the bark and do not see any green underneath. I had grown mimosas successfully in CIncinnati for about 12 years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mimosa dead from winter temps

• Posted by raee zone 5 OH (My Page) on
    Mon, May 26, 14 at 18:04

There is one down the street that is looking dead to me. Also in Columbus.

My Vitex doesn't seem to have survived either.

o

Mine in Troy just started showing signs of life, sprouting out near the ground, so i cut all the dead branches off above that point.

Its about 8 years old, and has died to the ground before, this is just the longest its taken to show any life. I just had a few blooms last summer.

o

• Posted by raee zone 5 OH (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 8, 14 at 21:27

And, the vitex is also sprouting from the ground. Hopefully the mimosas will do the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here