Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snapdragon82

Peonies and Phlox

SnapDragon82
9 years ago

Hey all! So, I am a novice gardener, but I am bound and determined to grow peonies and phlox this year. I also have an assortment of African daisies, zinnias, and dahlias. The peonies and phlox are my biggest challenges, though. my grandmother has grown peonies as long as I can remember and I have always loved the big "powder puff" look of the blooms, and I have been told that the ONLY person in my family who has been successful at growing phlox is my great-grandmother! I got the candy striped variation because I just loved it. SOO-I'm a little more nervous about the peonies than the phlox. I have heard to just give the phlox a lot of room and they should do well, and that the peonies should be staked and sprayed? I planned on planting them next week, but are you REALLY supposed to wait until late summer? I have a huge plant with blooms on it!

sorry for sounding ignorant, I just really need some advice! I can manage impatiens and petunias, but I've never taken on bigger plants before. thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022