Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
standbyq13_gw

Hello! New to the board from Evansville

standbyq13
17 years ago

Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking and reading and learning, but I wanted to get into the mix. I live in Evansville, but I'm from Louisville and am there visiting family all the time. We bought our first house 2 years ago in June and this year I have been working like crazy to make gardens in my front yard. My mom and her garden friends have been very generous, supplying me with hostas, coreopsis, iris, and daylilies to get me started. Now I'm planting and clearing and hoping everything goes as planned!

Does anyone have any great ideas for dandelions? We tilled our entire front yard to create gardens and start from stratch with our lawn because it was in such terrible shape. After that I went through and thought I pulled all remnants of dandelions while I was adding compost and raking the dirt out. Then I planted flowers and bulbs and mulched everything. But I still have dandelions coming up through the mulch every day! Am I going to just have to embrace them? If you guys have any more ideas they will be welcome! Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor