Return to the Ohio Valley Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gnats?

Posted by lgslgs z6 SE ohio (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 07 at 19:47

We are in Southeast Ohio and this seems to be the worst gnat year I've ever seen. I thought that they didn't do well in warm dry weather. It seems we can't go outside without several making a bee-line straight for our eyes and they are swarming our livestock.

We don't have standing water on the land, but there are creeks on adjoining lands that might be hatching grounds.

How is everyone else doing? Are the gnats and eyb-bugs as bad where you are?

Lynda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gnats?

I hadn't noticed gnats until Sat am. I loaded my Jeep Fri eve with plants for the Sat swap, and left the hatch up, and there were a lot of gnats in there Sat AM.

The other night I was out late, and there was something that was biting me about the face it seemed, but I never saw any sign of bites when I came in. I do know they were making me nuts and drove to quit and come in that night. I had never had that happen b4.

Sue

o
RE: gnats?

I live in a small town in SE Ohio. The gnats are horrible! I was just outside on this beautiful day working in the yard and came in to check on the computer to see if there was any info about gnats in Ohio. They make it almost unbearable to be outside. I have no standing water. What is going on?? Lived here for years and have never seen gnats in these numbers. Anyone else experiencing this?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ohio Valley Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here