Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lgslgs

gnats?

lgslgs
16 years ago

We are in Southeast Ohio and this seems to be the worst gnat year I've ever seen. I thought that they didn't do well in warm dry weather. It seems we can't go outside without several making a bee-line straight for our eyes and they are swarming our livestock.

We don't have standing water on the land, but there are creeks on adjoining lands that might be hatching grounds.

How is everyone else doing? Are the gnats and eyb-bugs as bad where you are?

Lynda

Comments (2)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

I hadn't noticed gnats until Sat am. I loaded my Jeep Fri eve with plants for the Sat swap, and left the hatch up, and there were a lot of gnats in there Sat AM.

The other night I was out late, and there was something that was biting me about the face it seemed, but I never saw any sign of bites when I came in. I do know they were making me nuts and drove to quit and come in that night. I had never had that happen b4.

Sue

• echofish
    12 years ago

I live in a small town in SE Ohio. The gnats are horrible! I was just outside on this beautiful day working in the yard and came in to check on the computer to see if there was any info about gnats in Ohio. They make it almost unbearable to be outside. I have no standing water. What is going on?? Lived here for years and have never seen gnats in these numbers. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!