Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
learning_oh

Buying trees in central ohio??

learning_OH
18 years ago

Hello all,

Where is a good place (in terms of both quality and price) for buying trees in the Cols area? We have a new build w/few trees and would like to plant some ornamental-type trees.

thanks!

Comments (6)

• juells3
    18 years ago

I got some great trees at Rhoads Nursery in Circleville just off Rt 56. They have a tree farm as well as a nursery. They have a tree auction in April and again in the fall. These are good size trees and go for a fraction of the cost. I just bought six trees for $400.00 that are worth well over $1000.00. They will deliver and plant for a cost, but my neighbor has a flatbed trailer that we brought them back on, and then several of the neighbors and I rented a backhoe for digging the holes and setting the trees. It was a lot cheaper that way.

• phalphreak
    18 years ago

Hello,

I too have a brand new house with few trees. We have had really good luck at The Andersons general store. We bought a decent size weeping Japanese Maple for 1/4 of the price for the same size tree at Oakland. They have a pretty good selection and great prices.

Martha

• bakemom_gw
    18 years ago

I bought my foundation plantings from Oakland and paid the price. Thing is, they honor their warranty cheerfully. I think the quality is excellent, and quite frankly, I want something like that installed and its planting supervised. Nothing worse than a bad tree in the wrong place.

• storygardener
    18 years ago

I have had very good experiences with the trees, service, & knowledge at Seeley's Nursery in Hilliard. They are located at the corner of Walcutt and Scioto Darby (they're on Walcutt). Talk to Karen...she's very knowlegable and great to work with.

• schibby2
    18 years ago

i've always had great success with quality and variety that they have in trees and other plants. prices are the best i've seen if you can't buy wholesale. a word of advise though......while ornamental trees are pretty in the spring, please buy at least one "real" tree. nothing is better than having a huge old oak, or a large red maple in your yard. you may not be able to enjoy it as much as later generations, but someone has to plant it! plus, it's great to drive by the house where my great grandmother planted two huge old oak trees that are alive and doing very well.......

• learning_OH
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks all! Good advice Schibby. We did plant a maple tree in the front before we moved in and one ornamental tree too. We're thinking of birch trees, but so far I've only seen them at Darby Creek's seasonal store on 161 in Cols.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES