Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginam_oh

Bakemom's house--home to some hardy sedum!!!

ginam_oh
19 years ago

In April, I had the distinct pleasure of giving new homes to some divisions (and in several cases, entire plants) from Bakemom's house.

I was weeding in the sedume bed the other day and came across a true survivor. Keep in mind that I planted this bed in April. I made up a few pots of trailing sedum varieties at the same time. Well, a piece of one of the plants must have fallen to the ground in the bed. Not planted or coddled or even watered, except the runoff from the watering in that the other plants all got. It just fell. Well, it then must have rooted and is now growing happily amongst its brethren. :)

Them's some hardy plants, bakemom!!!!!

Comments (2)

• bakemom_gw
    19 years ago

What a lovely compliment and a tribute to the environment you have set up for your garden. That's the beauty of sedum and the fun of perennial gardening - you never know where those guys might pop up.

It's a great edger and filler and works like the dickens to keep the weeds down. Anyone wants some, just stop on by. Great job Gina!
    Karen

• storygardener
    19 years ago

Yes, indeed...winter sowing has been good to people living close to Bakemom. Lest she have no room for her new babies...she has been so generous by sharing so many plants with people to make room.

I too have taken home bags of those sedum - mine sat in the bags for 2 weeks before I got them planted. They are doing fine as a wonderful edging on my USC garden.

Karen Bakemom is a wonderfully generous gardener!

...Beverly

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus