Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

Big Columbus boxwood and Scotch broom looking for a home

alison
18 years ago

Well, they're finally starting construction on the Fort Hayes campus, and my little herb garden is staring at the bulldozers.

One of the teachers here has already "relieved" me of most of the plants. I'm hoping I can get the bulldozer guys to help me dig up the Bradford pear my parents gave me, and I'm waiting as long as possible to dig up the 15' New Dawn rose. (Not looking forward to that excavation -- and I still have to figure out where to put it!)

But there are still two big plants that could be nice specimen plants for someone. The first is a Scotch broom, 3-3 1/2' tall, and about that around. Soime varieites of broom are considered invaisive, but this one has never been a problem. Thrives in full sun and little water, and is covered with beautiful yellow pea-like flowers in early May. Looks like this.

The second is a really big boxwood of an unknown variety. Probably 3 1/2' tall and maybe 4' around. Super-hardy and green all winter. Very like this one.

If you're interested and can come down to dig them up by this weekend -- they're yours! Shoot me an email.

Comments (7)

Sponsored