Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marciagaye

Marcia is back on line

marciagaye
15 years ago

For those you came to the plant swap at my house and know how my computer crashed...here is the saga. First DH bought a new hard drive and put it in...then the power pack died...so again the trip to best Buy for a power pack. Then the back-up hard drive did not want to work. So to make a long story short. We ..or rather DH was able to get most of the lost info. We then went back to Best Buy and bought a MAC. So we shall see how this goes. How much interest is there in a fall swap? I am all for it! I will be digging the daylilies and dividing them....plus other plants.

Comments (10)

• huntermom
    15 years ago

Marcia
    Would love a fall swap. Just need to know more in advance so I can have the full day off...had to leave and go to work last time.
    I am very interested in lillies....working on Lilly Lane in my flower garden.:) Edie

• michele1958
    15 years ago

Welcome back. Sorry about your computer problems.

I'd be interested in a fall swap. In fact I'd be willing to host it if you'd like a break. -Michele

• flowerchildky
    15 years ago

Hi Marcia
    glad you are back with us! so glad DH was able to retrieve most of your 'lost stuff'

I would like a fall swap too- I do have lots of unnamed day lily that need to be divided

Michele- so nice of you to offer -if we have the swap at Marcia's, how about a tour/visit to your garden? I am always 'up' to see someone else's accomplishments! Do you live here in L-ville?

talk to you soon
    Linda (by the airport)

• michele1958
    15 years ago

I live near the corner of Shelbyville Rd and New Langrange Rd. I'm always happy to share my garden. It's still in the getting established stage. Plants haven't quite filled in yet; but, I love having a garden - I've always said that "gardening is good for the soul" and it's kept me sane during some of the weirder or more stressful times.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Hi Marcia...and welcome back! Wow...that was some ordeal getting set back up...seems like you have been gone forever.

Yes...count me in for a fall swap...regardless of who is hosting it...I'll be there with bells on.

Everyone...Get those Member Trade Pages filled out...so I can get some wants filled for all attendees...as I dig/divide/ and move about everything I own...sigh.

Sue...head ringleader

• nance
    15 years ago

Hi Marcia,
    Sorry to hear about your computer crashing.We had 4 dead tv's and a printer after a bad thunder storm last
    Friday.Our home owners insurance will settle.
    I have alot of day lilies needing a new home. I got pictures of them on my lables.
    All the nice plants I got at your swap was a blessing for Farnsley flower garden. I will take pictures later. I am about out of room at my home for plants but glad to share.
    When and where will be no problem with me.
    Nancy from Valley Station

• nana8
    15 years ago

Marcia, Sorry about your mishap with the computer. I want to thank you for your kind hospitality at the plant swap. I had a great time, but will have to take a pass on the next swap. We have put our Kentucky house on the market to sell, and I hate to show it with lots of holes in the yard. Thanks again, and I hope your hubby has enjoyed the magazines. Lots of good ideas, too little time as always. Marge

• broodyjen
    15 years ago

In case you're wondering....no baby yet.

I'm keen on a fall plant swap. Got lots of stuff I need to divide--needed to be divided this spring but I couldn't bend over! Might have to bring the baby, but I'm sure nobody would mind!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Jen,

I have been thinking so much about you lately, and wondering how you and baby were doing. Hope all goes great for you, and would love to see you and baby in the fall.

Take care and keep us posted. I'm sure the excitement is mounting for you and DH.

Nana8/Marge...you are putting your KY house on the market? Where will you be moving to, or do you know yet?

Sue

• flowerchildky
    15 years ago

oh yes, Jenn, do let us know when the baby gets here-

hope the heat is not been too bad for you, I had both my kids in August and I remember that the heat/swelling of feet and legs was about the worst part of it :)

take care
    best wishes,
    Linda by the airport