Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Whew...2010 spring Louisville swap was a success

I think whew says it all. A super nice group of gardening pals, lots of nice plants though I didn't think I wanted or needed much of anything until I rethought things, great food provided by our special 'chef' Alan and some wonderful brownies provided by our hostess.

Thanks to everyone for all that you contributed and/or taking plants off of my hands. I am so looking forward to the next time.

A special thanks to Marcia and Dwight, our wonderful host and hostess...you're the best when it come to entertaining us gardeners. It is always a good time at your house.

Sue...off to unpack and then head out again.

Now where is that Sassy (Nancy)lady...hopefully she will check in here soon. She sure fit right in for a noob.

Brenda, I sure got a kick out of your little guy. He was so cute and so sweet and it made my day that he gave me a hug.

Comments (11)

• flowerchildky
    13 years ago

oh yes, a wonderful day! add my thanks to Marcia and Dwight and to Alan...My Mom loved the salad too!

and thanks to all for my plants...I got some nice things and was glad to share some of my extras

good to see new folks at the swap- missed some of you-

looking forward to a fall get together..

happy gardening!
    Linda (by the airport)

• marciagaye
    13 years ago

I had a ball!!!! If was great to laugh that much, plant and cig swap...LOL
    I just sent an e-mail to Dreamspirit about her plants.
    I am already looking forward to a fall swap here. Sue, I have some seeds off of the lemon-ice columbine that Tina brought.
    I might have made a mistake on the daylilies that I said were Lexington Ave. Those who took them let me know what they bloom, in case they aren't the lavender.

• sassyflowerchild
    13 years ago

I had a great time at the plant swap. Thanks to all for the plants. Need to get them in the ground tomorrow. Thanks Marcia for hosting the event.
    Nancy aka sassyflowerchild

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Sassy/Nancy,

It was great meeting you and glad to see you got joined up here. I'll be posting sometime in the next couple of weeks about the plans for the First Annual (we hope) Fall Pow-wow.
    I'll add your name to the list of folks who would probably be interested in attending.

Sue...aka chemocurl

• marciagaye
    13 years ago

Glad you joined Nancy. We will have another in the fall here at my house. Remember if you have any other plants that you don't know what they are just post a picture on the forum...name that plant and someone will tell you what it might be. Glad you were able to make it Saturday.
    Marcia

• broodyjen
    13 years ago

Happy to report that everything I took home has been planted, with the exception of some of the iris and daylillies, which I will be distributing to friends and my mom.

As I suspected would happen, I got "let go" from my job on Monday. So now I have more time to spend outside while I look for a new one. Silver lining, for sure!

I will post some before/after photos later, when I get a better connection.

It was great to see you all, and thank you so much for your generosity!

Jen

• marciagaye
    13 years ago

Oh...Jen...I am sorry about your job, but at least it is a nice time to be without....not the dead of winter and a foot of snow.

Marla Jo, "Dreamspirit" came by and picked up her plants plus all the leftovers.
    She hopes to join us in the fall.

All my plants are in the ground.....YEAH !!!!!

• flowerchildky
    13 years ago

got my plants in the ground too! boy, we ARE good, aren't we?

glad to see sassyflowerchild is with us...

Jen, sorry about your job- enjoy your time - something will work out...

Marcia, glad Marla came and p/u the plants..and enjoyed the extras we left for her :))
    I will let you know about Lex Ave when it blooms...I love daylilys, so the color doesn't matter to me...

Sue, put me on the Fall Pow-Wow list- there are always things that I need to devide, move, share

a safe and fun summer to all!
    Linda

• flowerchildky
    13 years ago

Hey Sue,
    please add Vicci (ohiovalleygardener) to the fall pow-wow list...she has a post here you might check out...

glad we got some rain- settle in our new plants...

now, to pull some more baby maple trees :))
    (a never ending job!)

Linda

• kilngod
    13 years ago

The swap was so much fun and great company! Thank you everyone for the great plants, lots of special just-my-cup-od-tea things came home with me....although they are NOT in the ground yet. (Sheesh, y'all are fast!)

I did get most of the garden weeded in prep for a little local Berea swap (that went well too, gave away a lot of extra divisions), so the flowers are looking great. This is the first time I've had a real, mature garden, at least a large section of it. My babies are all grown up!

It's been a busy week and I forgot to get back here for post-swap banters. (again, slow) I will pass on the extra compliments to the chef! Marcia, I'll keep you posted on the daylily color and get a photo if it isn't the lavender one.

Linda, I'm sorry I forgot to bring any large pots. It fell off my radar completely. I hope you have some alternatives for the tomato experiment. (Check at the WalMart bakery. They often have 2 & 5gal icing buckets that work really well & have a great handle on them.)

Looking forward to the Fall Swap -- and those great dafs that I'm gonna buy from Sue's club! :) :) :)

Big hugs to everyone, especially to Marcia and Dwight for being such fine hosts, as always!
    --Tina

• flowerchildky
    13 years ago

update to Brenda- the yellow day lily I got from you is blooming! I love it! It is a pretty color, and not the same as the other yellows I have- thanks so much!

Linda (by the airport)